Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

jonf45
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:18 am
Location: langtoft,Peterborough

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by jonf45 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:16 pm

My god if we dont get something from this we may never get a point again!!!!

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5546
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Rbee » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Ten minutes to go, time to really do them with pace.

Given our recent run I would be happy with a point and confidence boosting clean sheet.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3851
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Satch » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Feels like MW is happy with an away point and to stop the run of defeats. They've been there for the taking imo, would have liked to see Clarke on.

jonf45
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:18 am
Location: langtoft,Peterborough

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by jonf45 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Has one of ours got to be physically beaten up before a swansea player gets booked?

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by n22hoop » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
Feels like MW is happy with an away point and to stop the run of defeats. They've been there for the taking imo, would have liked to see Clarke on.
Bizarre signing Clarke. A 10m player and he can't get in the QPR or Leeds teams. Didn't he light up Leeds Utd a couple of seasons ago?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Hanuhoff » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Now he's had a run of games, I think there's no doubt Kelly is our number one.

jonf45
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:18 am
Location: langtoft,Peterborough

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by jonf45 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm

If offered a 0-0 before the game I'd have ripped your arm off, feel like we really should have got more, but a clean sheet away from home is a good result

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4741
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Wegerle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm

That was 3 points for the taking although I would have taken a point beforehand.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by White Duck » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Well a point is decent enough but missed a chance to win that really. Great performance defensively, Cameron was immense tonight.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3788
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Can't really complain at that, at least we didn't concede the customary 2 goals.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 pm

Good result. A point and a clean sheet. Can't complain, although some one is going to any minute now.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3851
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Satch » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 pm
Now he's had a run of games, I think there's no doubt Kelly is our number one.
Err, i mean i wouldn't drop him but doesn't fill me with much confidence as shown at the end there. I think a confident Lumley is the better player but thats not an option. I wasn't expecting 'keeper to be a problem this season.
Wegerle wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm
That was 3 points for the taking although I would have taken a point beforehand.
Very much this, i think players and fans could be a bit frustrated at Warburton there. I wonder if the 'how much longer has he got' nonsense had a bearing on his approach.
n22hoop wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
Feels like MW is happy with an away point and to stop the run of defeats. They've been there for the taking imo, would have liked to see Clarke on.
Bizarre signing Clarke. A 10m player and he can't get in the QPR or Leeds teams. Didn't he light up Leeds Utd a couple of seasons ago?
He's very young, awful debut but looked lively with a decent delivery against Blackburn (i think) if MW had wanted to take it to them i think he would have caused far more problems than Pugh in that last 20, albeit with less cover for Manning.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3851
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Satch » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 pm
Good result. A point and a clean sheet. Can't complain, although some one is going to any minute now.
Before hand on paper it was a very good result but having watched it you can't shake the feeling we should have had a real go at them.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10756
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Damien » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:44 pm

I'll take that - but I'm glad I didn't have to watch it.Expected an easy win for them TBH, but MW mixed things up a bit - so fair play to him. A clean sheet for us is always welcome. First 0-0 of the season I believe! We are struggling upfront though. No goals this month :o

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by White Duck » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 pm
Hanuhoff wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 pm
Now he's had a run of games, I think there's no doubt Kelly is our number one.
Err, i mean i wouldn't drop him but doesn't fill me with much confidence as shown at the end there. I think a confident Lumley is the better player but thats not an option. I wasn't expecting 'keeper to be a problem this season.
Wegerle wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm
That was 3 points for the taking although I would have taken a point beforehand.
Very much this, i think players and fans could be a bit frustrated at Warburton there. I wonder if the 'how much longer has he got' nonsense had a bearing on his approach.
n22hoop wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
Feels like MW is happy with an away point and to stop the run of defeats. They've been there for the taking imo, would have liked to see Clarke on.
Bizarre signing Clarke. A 10m player and he can't get in the QPR or Leeds teams. Didn't he light up Leeds Utd a couple of seasons ago?
He's very young, awful debut but looked lively with a decent delivery against Blackburn (i think) if MW had wanted to take it to them i think he would have caused far more problems than Pugh in that last 20, albeit with less cover for Manning.
Kelly is twice the keeper Lumley is: better in every aspect IMO.

Pugh had his best game for us, not surprised Sky gave him MOTM. I would've taken BOS off for Clarke as I thought there was risk he could get a 2nd yellow.
Lex Talionis........

Post Reply