Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by 222gers » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 pm

Good point to stop the rot. We should have too much for Stoke on Saturday, I just hope Storm Dennis which is due to pound us on that day doesn't spoil the game or cause postponement.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 pm

Good performance, good result. Pugh played well, we were defensively well organised and could have nicked it. Thought Barbet and Hall did very well.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:55 pm

Apart from conceding a penalty at the end yes πŸ˜†

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Could be an important point come the end of the season

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 am

Satch wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:42 pm
Hanuhoff wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 pm
Now he's had a run of games, I think there's no doubt Kelly is our number one.
Err, i mean i wouldn't drop him but doesn't fill me with much confidence as shown at the end there. I think a confident Lumley is the better player but thats not an option. I wasn't expecting 'keeper to be a problem this season.
Really? Lumley was poor last season as well. The only difference is the supporters cut him some slack due to his inexperience. Personally I was disappointed we didn't look to find a more experienced keeper (ie not Kelly).
Lumley is OK as a backup, but I don't think he's Championship quality at all.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 am

Err, i mean i wouldn't drop him but doesn't fill me with much confidence as shown at the end there. I think a confident Lumley is the better player but thats not an option. I wasn't expecting 'keeper to be a problem this season.
This is how I feel about him too. Happy for him to have a run in the team as Lumley was obviously struggling, but his distribution looks equally erratic to me, and he nearly cost us the game when his handling error gave the ball away to Ayew. Hopefully he'll improve as he gets more games under his belt.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 am

Greyhound wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 pm
Good performance, good result. Pugh played well, we were defensively well organised and could have nicked it. Thought Barbet and Hall did very well.
We did defend well and Barbet was the pick of the bunch there. Good to have him back.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 am

UxbridgeR wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 am
This is how I feel about him too. Happy for him to have a run in the team as Lumley was obviously struggling, but his distribution looks equally erratic to me, and he nearly cost us the game when his handling error gave the ball away to Ayew. Hopefully he'll improve as he gets more games under his belt.
Kelly's distribution is leagues ahead of Lumley's. And yes he made the one mistake late on but recovered and snuffed out the situation very quickly so no issues for me. Put Dieng in the first team squad next season and I think we will be fine with a couple of decent keepers vying for the position.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 am

UxbridgeR wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 am
Both Kelly and Lumley show just how important confidence is to a keeper's performance levels. Lumley's errors have caused his to plummet but Kelly has had his improved with playing games. I'm not sure there's a great deal between them in terms of ability but Kelly is far stronger mentally at the moment. In the longer term, however, I think we'll need an upgrade in that department.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:41 am

n22hoop wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:27 pm
Feels like MW is happy with an away point and to stop the run of defeats. They've been there for the taking imo, would have liked to see Clarke on.
Bizarre signing Clarke. A 10m player and he can't get in the QPR or Leeds teams. Didn't he light up Leeds Utd a couple of seasons ago?
It was only last season he looked a real talent. Seemed to lose his way after the incident where he collapsed on the bench, and hasn't recovered. It was weird that Bielsa brought him back on loan, and then hardly used him. I'm not sure he'll be match fit, so I can see why he's not starting games, but he looked good when he came on against Bristol City.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Rbee wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Apart from conceding a penalty at the end yes πŸ˜†
Was it missed or did Kelly save it