Ambition

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Ambition

Post by jimjams » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:06 am

dm wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:46 pm
Well, yes and no. SMc - yes he needed to go. But what if, as is currently the case, we finish this season more or less in the same position with similar points as last season? I'd say we still should keep MW because even though he's losing games and some might feel he's losing the plot, there's clearly something to build on for the future.
I don't think it's the all-season results that meant curtains for SMc. It was the short-term form of 1 win and 9 losses in 12 games or whatever it was. Plus it didn't look as though SMc knew how to turn things around. MW has had some bad results, but the bad runs we've had are quite normal for a midtable side.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Warburton has to stay. With SMc there was no plan, no sign of improvement tactically or otherwise.
With this manager there is actually clear method to the madness of the last couple of weeks and you can
see a better balanced team after the inevitable summer cull and necessary re-boot.

Finances play a large part in the thinking and offloading Wells and Leistner made perfect sense.
Staff Benda Bilili

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 pm

It isn't popular to say this but everything about QPR is lower half championship/ top half League1. Our support, our stadium, our set-up, our history.
There are so any clubs above us in the pecking order that we have to be realistic with our ambitions. Don't forget we are the club that have won exactly one cup of any significance in over 130 years of our existence. Even in the Championship there were only 5 teams with a lower average attendence last season with 41 clubs averaging higher than us overall including Bradford in League two.
Having said that we should always aim for the stars but at the same time know our place before we critisize too heavily. We will, in the future have some seasons that we will punch above our weight like Bournemouth are doing but unless Sheikh Loadsofcash buys us and pumps his millions into the club every season, we will always be little QPR. And to be fair, isn't that part of the charm supporting this beautiful club?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:35 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 pm
It isn't popular to say this but everything about QPR is lower half championship/ top half League1. Our support, our stadium, our set-up, our history.
There are so any clubs above us in the pecking order that we have to be realistic with our ambitions. Don't forget we are the club that have won exactly one cup of any significance in over 130 years of our existence. Even in the Championship there were only 5 teams with a lower average attendence last season with 41 clubs averaging higher than us overall including Bradford in League two.
Having said that we should always aim for the stars but at the same time know our place before we critisize too heavily. We will, in the future have some seasons that we will punch above our weight like Bournemouth are doing but unless Sheikh Loadsofcash buys us and pumps his millions into the club every season, we will always be little QPR. And to be fair, isn't that part of the charm supporting this beautiful club?
Unlike other clubs we have to obey FFP rules.

rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by rtastic » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:21 pm

After watching the game at the weekend, yes it was exciting I'm really pleased we won. But it was so deflating watching us play against Swansea it was one of the most boring games I've ever watched.
eze he's a great Prospect and I know you have an off game, what a different player against Stoke. Players are not Performing consistently though I know it's a lot to ask because they young players and I've got a lot to learn. The young prospects our club I really hope we can hang onto there is something there with a good manager in Mark Warburton
Please let our club be invested in a little bit more the fans are behind the team I know that, we need that investment to push to the next level

rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by rtastic » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 pm

rtastic wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:21 pm
After watching the game at the weekend, yes it was exciting I'm really pleased we won. But it was so deflating watching us play against Swansea it was one of the most boring games I've ever watched.
eze he's a great Prospect and I know you have an off game, what a different player against Stoke. Players are not Performing consistently though I know it's a lot to ask because they young players and they have got a lot to learn. The young prospects our club I really hope we can hang onto there is something there with a good manager in Mark Warburton
Please let our club be invested in a little bit more the fans are behind the team I know that, we need that investment to push to the next level
FFP a joke if city get away with it ,