A dose of reality

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5442
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

A dose of reality

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 pm

2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6579
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: A dose of reality

Post by Devonranger » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:37 am

However we feel about the owners and what they have done, we shouldn't be taking it out on this group of players and the manager.

I think they have done extremely well in the circumstances - found the WLS headline of "Struggling QPR" slightly strange - only a week or so ago we were beating Leeds, and before that the two Welsh teams by decent scores.

We have lost by the odd goal to two form teams in this division.

Clearly plenty of possession yesterday but not enough end product - will be games initially where it will take time to adjust.

Lee Johnson said post match about knowing about our younger players and made sure they were pressed/doubled up on where necessary.

The only positive thing we can do now is get behind the team and manager - trying to play decent football with good young attacking players - rather that and pick up the odd adverse result than just play percentages and have a team of workhorses.

User avatar
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6652
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Greenford

Re: A dose of reality

Post by willo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:39 am

I'm not sure having a dig at concerned fans is a wise move. His comment about "genuine fans" is shithouse.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6579
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: A dose of reality

Post by Devonranger » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 am

Agree on that Willo - all involved need to keep their nerve although some of the pieces written on social media are pretty unbelievable.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13445
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: A dose of reality

Post by dm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:37 am
However we feel about the owners and what they have done, we shouldn't be taking it out on this group of players and the manager.

I think they have done extremely well in the circumstances - found the WLS headline of "Struggling QPR" slightly strange - only a week or so ago we were beating Leeds, and before that the two Welsh teams by decent scores.

We have lost by the odd goal to two form teams in this division.

Clearly plenty of possession yesterday but not enough end product - will be games initially where it will take time to adjust.

Lee Johnson said post match about knowing about our younger players and made sure they were pressed/doubled up on where necessary.

The only positive thing we can do now is get behind the team and manager - trying to play decent football with good young attacking players - rather that and pick up the odd adverse result than just play percentages and have a team of workhorses.
Agreed Devonranger. So many forget that this was going to be the toughest season since relegation. What we've achieved so far is admirable both in terms of style and results. We're still years away from where we'd like to be, but we're headed in the right direction. Those expecting success right now will be disappointed for several seasons to come.

User avatar
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6652
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Greenford

Re: A dose of reality

Post by willo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 am
Agree on that Willo - all involved need to keep their nerve although some of the pieces written on social media are pretty unbelievable.
Definitely. Some way over the top comments on social media. Not a good idea though for the manager to seemingly write them off as not being genuine fans.

User avatar
Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Folkestone

Re: A dose of reality

Post by Spencer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:53 am

dm wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 am
Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:37 am
However we feel about the owners and what they have done, we shouldn't be taking it out on this group of players and the manager.

I think they have done extremely well in the circumstances - found the WLS headline of "Struggling QPR" slightly strange - only a week or so ago we were beating Leeds, and before that the two Welsh teams by decent scores.

We have lost by the odd goal to two form teams in this division.

Clearly plenty of possession yesterday but not enough end product - will be games initially where it will take time to adjust.

Lee Johnson said post match about knowing about our younger players and made sure they were pressed/doubled up on where necessary.

The only positive thing we can do now is get behind the team and manager - trying to play decent football with good young attacking players - rather that and pick up the odd adverse result than just play percentages and have a team of workhorses.
Agreed Devonranger. So many forget that this was going to be the toughest season since relegation. What we've achieved so far is admirable both in terms of style and results. We're still years away from where we'd like to be, but we're headed in the right direction. Those expecting success right now will be disappointed for several seasons to come.
Precisely - It's shameful some of the comments I'm reading on social media.
Now I'm not having a go at fans that are watching the games on streaming TV...but boy some should just shut the f.ck up.
Not sure what they want or expect....

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5442
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: A dose of reality

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:58 am

willo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 am
Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 am
Agree on that Willo - all involved need to keep their nerve although some of the pieces written on social media are pretty unbelievable.
Definitely. Some way over the top comments on social media. Not a good idea though for the manager to seemingly write them off as not being genuine fans.
Really?

The same people who drove two of our players and Uncle Tony (no bad thing to be honest) off social media?

Possibly the same fans who said last season that Nakhi was shite but expect the club to stump up £4/5M as he's hit a purple patch in another loan spell with the club....

There's financial sanity at the club at last thank god as the club realised we're not likely to push for the playoffs this season and safety from relegation should be our main aim while hopefully grooming our promising youngsters for next season...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: A dose of reality

Post by White Duck » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:58 am
willo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 am
Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 am
Agree on that Willo - all involved need to keep their nerve although some of the pieces written on social media are pretty unbelievable.
Definitely. Some way over the top comments on social media. Not a good idea though for the manager to seemingly write them off as not being genuine fans.
Really?

The same people who drove two of our players and Uncle Tony (no bad thing to be honest) off social media?

Possibly the same fans who said last season that Nakhi was shite but expect the club to stump up £4/5M as he's hit a purple patch in another loan spell with the club....

There's financial sanity at the club at last thank god as the club realised we're not likely to push for the playoffs this season and safety from relegation should be our main aim while hopefully grooming our promising youngsters for next season...
Yes financial stability is good but I can't understand some people's mentality of giving up on the season and just looking to avoid relegation with 4 months of the season to go.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13445
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: A dose of reality

Post by dm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:03 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm
Yes financial stability is good but I can't understand some people's mentality of giving up on the season and just looking to avoid relegation with 4 months of the season to go.
I'm not sure if you'd have me down as such but anyway, I've not given up as I've never thought we'd be able to challenge for a top six place this season. Even when we were in briefly in amongst it.

Should we finish in what seems to be our favourite 16th place I'd be disappointed as I hoped for a top half finish, 10th - 12th. Nonetheless, given the budget challenges we've faced this year, even 16th should be seen as acceptable.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5442
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: A dose of reality

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:50 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:58 am
willo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 am


Definitely. Some way over the top comments on social media. Not a good idea though for the manager to seemingly write them off as not being genuine fans.
Really?

The same people who drove two of our players and Uncle Tony (no bad thing to be honest) off social media?

Possibly the same fans who said last season that Nakhi was shite but expect the club to stump up £4/5M as he's hit a purple patch in another loan spell with the club....

There's financial sanity at the club at last thank god as the club realised we're not likely to push for the playoffs this season and safety from relegation should be our main aim while hopefully grooming our promising youngsters for next season...
Yes financial stability is good but I can't understand some people's mentality of giving up on the season and just looking to avoid relegation with 4 months of the season to go.
Out of both cups..... Miles off the pace of the playoffs and still some wanted us paying top dollar for Nakhi....

A dose of realism.... A good end to the season would be nice... An Ollie or McClaren end and the doom and gloom merchants will set up another possibly poisonous atmosphere before a ball is kicked...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6652
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 am
Location: Greenford

Re: A dose of reality

Post by willo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:58 am
willo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 am
Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 am
Agree on that Willo - all involved need to keep their nerve although some of the pieces written on social media are pretty unbelievable.
Definitely. Some way over the top comments on social media. Not a good idea though for the manager to seemingly write them off as not being genuine fans.
Really?

The same people who drove two of our players and Uncle Tony (no bad thing to be honest) off social media?

Possibly the same fans who said last season that Nakhi was shite but expect the club to stump up £4/5M as he's hit a purple patch in another loan spell with the club....

There's financial sanity at the club at last thank god as the club realised we're not likely to push for the playoffs this season and safety from relegation should be our main aim while hopefully grooming our promising youngsters for next season...
Possibly the same fans. Possibly not. Don't think we should tar all critics with the same brush.

Post Reply