QPR - Bristol C match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: QPR - Bristol C match thread

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:24 pm

The only thing to criticize is the quality or lack of it of our playing staff. Won't slate the manager and the 2nd half was better but we simply have too many League 1 standard footballers at Loftus Road.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:24 pm
The only thing to criticize is the quality or lack of it of our playing staff. Won't slate the manager and the 2nd half was better but we simply have too many League 1 standard footballers at Loftus Road.
Agree about the standard of some of the squad - but that's not their or MW's fault. The fault lies with the charlatans running our club into the ground. As long as they are in charge nothing will change. I'd rather be in the National league with owners who have a realistic plan for the future.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:45 pm

We weren't at our best but I'd rather watch us than Brizzle. The most negative, defence minded team I've seen this season. They have some good players but just defended their one goal lead. Boring.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Agree about the standard of some of the squad - but that's not their or MW's fault. The fault lies with the charlatans running our club into the ground. As long as they are in charge nothing will change. I'd rather be in the National league with owners who have a realistic plan for the future.
Agree the owners have messed up in the past but what do you want of them now. They cannot put money into the squad because of FFP

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:50 pm

A month ago we beat Cardiff at home 6-1. The team was set up with two solid full backs in Cameron and Wallace. It was a case of having a solid defence (base) to build on. Despite that tactic proving extremely successful against a team who were playing in the Premier League last season we haven't used it since.

Today, we conceded when a cross field ball found the goal scorer totally unmarked and the right back (Kane) missing in action. It was a good finish, but had there been a right bag marking him, he might not have scored.

I don't quite understand why we have changed our tactics, when they worked so well.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:51 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:41 pm
Damien wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
Agree the owners have messed up in the past but what do you want of them now. They cannot put money into the squad because of FFP
Stop promising things they seem incapable of achieving. The football side of the club(which is what we are) - seems of little interest to them anymore. I think they are just waiting to see how much they can recoup from their years of mis-management. A long time R said to me years ago that they would ruin the club, and at the time I disagreed with him. Now I'm not so sure.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:13 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:50 pm
A month ago we beat Cardiff at home 6-1. The team was set up with two solid full backs in Cameron and Wallace. It was a case of having a solid defence (base) to build on. Despite that tactic proving extremely successful against a team who were playing in the Premier League last season we haven't used it since.

Today, we conceded when a cross field ball found the goal scorer totally unmarked and the right back (Kane) missing in action. It was a good finish, but had there been a right bag marking him, he might not have scored.

I don't quite understand why we have changed our tactics, when they worked so well.
I said we'd miss Furlong. Big Matt Smith too, He'd be useful now. And Leistner,

And what's with this off-loading players because we're not sure we can guarantee them a start ? How naive is that ? Do you think Klopp or Guardiola do that with Adam Lallana or Phil Foden ? FFS just tell them they are in every week if they play well and then if they are not in the team its because there is competition. Isn't that what its about ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

NottsQPR
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by NottsQPR » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:20 pm

Leistner was on £20k a week. Masterson is already considerably better and is probably on a fifth or less of that.

I’m sure we’ll stay up this season which is all I hoped for at the start of the season and I’ll judge the board after the summer when we have some FFP wiggle room and others are sweating nervously.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:23 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:51 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:41 pm
Damien wrote:
Stop promising things they seem incapable of achieving. The football side of the club(which is what we are) - seems of little interest to them anymore. I think they are just waiting to see how much they can recoup from their years of mis-management. A long time R said to me years ago that they would ruin the club, and at the time I disagreed with him. Now I'm not so sure.
I assume you are talking about the training ground and new stadium and that is an argument you can make. But your point was that the state of the squad is down to the owners not being prepared to put money in. Something they cannot do thanks to FFP.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:25 pm

NottsQPR wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:20 pm
Leistner was on £20k a week. Masterson is already considerably better and is probably on a fifth or less of that.

I’m sure we’ll stay up this season which is all I hoped for at the start of the season and I’ll judge the board after the summer when we have some FFP wiggle room and others are sweating nervously.
I doubt others are sweating nervously fearing a £20M fine and a transfer embargo. Maybe a points deduction when it's a good gamble it will make no difference there is a precedence

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:34 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:25 pm
NottsQPR wrote:

I doubt others are sweating nervously fearing a £20M fine and a transfer embargo. Maybe a points deduction when it's a good gamble it will make no difference there is a precedence
Rightly or wrongly the rules and sanctions have changed. We broke one set of rules knowing the consequences, the clubs since have done the same with a different set of sanctions.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:36 pm

NottsQPR wrote:

Fair point. Masterson seems a good replacement. Shame we haven't been able to get an up and coming striker in of equal calibre.
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:34 pm
QPR_John wrote:
NottsQPR wrote:

Rightly or wrongly the rules and sanctions have changed. We broke one set of rules knowing the consequences, the clubs since have done the same with a different set of sanctions.
Rightly the rules and sanctions have changed but wrongly we were punished when the new rules were in place under the old set which even the FL agreed were perverse. Simple justice.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:47 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:43 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:34 pm
QPR_John wrote:

Rightly the rules and sanctions have changed but wrongly we were punished under the old set which even the FL agreed were perverse. Simple justice.
Yes, they changed the rules but we knew what they were when we broke them. The largest wage bill the championship had ever seen. There doesn't seem to be a lot of point complaining now when it's pretty clear that we deliberately broke the rules to get promotion.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Personally I have no problem with us having a player on 20k a week so long as that player is a leader, captain and example to the others.