BFG Off?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

BFG Off?

Post by White Duck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Being linked to a 6 month loan back to Germany (FC Koln).

Would keep him ahead of Hall.
Lex Talionis........

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: BFG Off?

Post by SM » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 pm

I’m really disappointed over Wells, but I do understand the reasoning from the boards point of view.

But if this is true... I’ll just be speechless.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Just confirmed by David McIntyre.

Set to complete 6 month loan today.

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm

This has got to be because he’s on high wages. But honestly, he’s our best centre half. They must have a replacement lined up!?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:21 pm

I really like Leistner but he's always been MWs third choice CB and i don't think he's as good as the players ahead of him, as much as i wish he was. I hope we've got something lined up though as it feels like we're really light there now.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:25 pm

trevsinclair85 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm
This has got to be because he’s on high wages. But honestly, he’s our best centre half. They must have a replacement lined up!?
Exactly.

We’ve lost our top scorer and best defender in the space of a week :roll:

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:26 pm

SM wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:25 pm
trevsinclair85 wrote:
Exactly.

It’s extremely concerning.

Grimsby Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Grimsby Ranger » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:38 pm

trevsinclair85 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:26 pm
SM wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:25 pm
trevsinclair85 wrote:
Exactly.

It’s extremely concerning.
Not really, Wells wasn't ours, Burnley wanted to cash in with him getting a bit of form and he's getting a last decent pay day from Bristol C. BFG could be a number of things, he might have wanted to go back to Germany even? We've got Masterson who has burst onto the scene. We're not going up or down this year, playing some good stuff and slowly building a young team that's good enough to compete.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:06 pm

Grimsby Ranger wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:38 pm
Not really, Wells wasn't ours, Burnley wanted to cash in with him getting a bit of form and he's getting a last decent pay day from Bristol C. BFG could be a number of things, he might have wanted to go back to Germany even? We've got Masterson who has burst onto the scene. We're not going up or down this year, playing some good stuff and slowly building a young team that's good enough to compete.
I'd agree though I don't much like having just 3 CBs even with Cameron able to "do a job" there when required. Cameron is looking like he's coming to the end of his playing career.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:08 pm

The way he has gone about his season has really impressed me. He lost the captaincy and his place in the first team and basically told he's excess to requirements. He kept going forward and playing with 100% every game. I only imagine that someone else is definitely incoming and this is just a wages thing. I hope we don't regret this.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:27 pm

I don't think we as badly off at CB as we are at RB/LB. Barbet will come good, Masterson looks very promising, Hall, if fit, is OK. Plus Cameron as another option for the rest of the season.

I would think we have a defender or two to come in over the next two days.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:08 pm
The way he has gone about his season has really impressed me. He lost the captaincy and his place in the first team and basically told he's excess to requirements. He kept going forward and playing with 100% every game. I only imagine that someone else is definitely incoming and this is just a wages thing. I hope we don't regret this.
Totally agree. Apparently one of our highest earners though, and it's a move back to his home country and to a Bundesliga team, which is a step up from where he was before he came to England. They might even come up with a more imaginative chant for him than "Big F**king German".
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:04 pm

I'd actually find it pretty amusing if they kept the chant for irony's sake.

Apparently he was on 20k a week so i think it makes sense. I don't think his value is close to that, sadly. Apparently he also asked for some clarity around his first team future that wasn't forthcoming, so makes sense for both parties for him to move on. Good move for him, really hope it works out for him, shame to lose the Union connection.

Hopefully, he and Polter get to face off when they play each other.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:08 pm
Agreed, seemingly great fella.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:47 pm

...well...from what I remember it looked like they tried to sell him last Summer as he did play up to September....so honestly I am not surprised though I was thinking that he was leaving at the end of the season...