Nahki Wells

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Greyhound » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 pm

I like Wells a lot, but I suspect that his next employers will quickly realise that he is not quite the same striker without Eze, Chair and BOS alongside him.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21249
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 pm
I like Wells a lot, but I suspect that his next employers will quickly realise that he is not quite the same striker without Eze, Chair and BOS alongside him.
That is what I have been saying since the recall rumours started.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by John in Hemel » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:55 am

N W is joining Bristol for 4 mill sky report.
The NW bet to score anytime Saturday is worth a look.

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4192
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Stans left foot » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 am

If I were NW I might be slightly pissed off.

He made it plain he liked the club and working in/around West London. Through no control of his own he's ended up in Brizzle.

That's Bosman for you, you live by the sword, you die by it.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5121
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:39 am

I don't mind if he plays against us on Saturday, he'll get nowhere faced with our impenetrable defence.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by White Duck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:23 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:57 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 pm
I like Wells a lot, but I suspect that his next employers will quickly realise that he is not quite the same striker without Eze, Chair and BOS alongside him.
That is what I have been saying since the recall rumours started.
Disagree as he’s always been a quality Championship striker, just not good enough for the top division. He’ll do well for Bristol City if he goes there.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5442
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:34 am

A proven striker at this level....

I'm glad we are financially responsible enough not to shell out £4M for him with little or no resale value ....

Wish him well apart from against us....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10162
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 am
If I were NW I might be slightly pissed off.

He made it plain he liked the club and working in/around West London. Through no control of his own he's ended up in Brizzle.

That's Bosman for you, you live by the sword, you die by it.
No one can make him sign for Bristol City. He's perfectly free to run down his contract until the summer, and sign for whoever he likes, assuming they want him obviously.

He made the right noises about being happy where he was and all the rest of it, but in the end, money talks, and at 30, this will almost certainly be the last big contract of his career, and he'll want to do the best for himself and his family.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10162
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:28 am

222gers wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:39 am
I don't mind if he plays against us on Saturday, he'll get nowhere faced with our impenetrable defence.
:lol:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3851
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:52 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 am
Stans left foot wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 am
If I were NW I might be slightly pissed off.

He made it plain he liked the club and working in/around West London. Through no control of his own he's ended up in Brizzle.

That's Bosman for you, you live by the sword, you die by it.
No one can make him sign for Bristol City. He's perfectly free to run down his contract until the summer, and sign for whoever he likes, assuming they want him obviously.

He made the right noises about being happy where he was and all the rest of it, but in the end, money talks, and at 30, this will almost certainly be the last big contract of his career, and he'll want to do the best for himself and his family.
Yeah, i think there is a bit of delusion that the poor lamb has been snatched from us and forced to join BC. I think he was happy here but there is happy and there is willing to forgo a large amount of money at the end of your career happy.

I'm glad the club have been smart about this.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5464
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:55 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 am
If I were NW I might be slightly pissed off.

He made it plain he liked the club and working in/around West London. Through no control of his own he's ended up in Brizzle.

That's Bosman for you, you live by the sword, you die by it.
It's only an hour and a half on the train from Brizzle - not exactly a huge distance. Brizzle's a nicer city too ;)
Image

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by White Duck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:43 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51298423

How about getting this fellow on loan for the rest of the season? Would knock in a few with some decent service.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
norqpr
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by norqpr » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:06 pm

I would rather have Vydra on loan to be honest, thats the least Burnley can do after taking our Nahki away

User avatar
BristolCity
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by BristolCity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:25 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:34 am
A proven striker at this level....

I'm glad we are financially responsible enough not to shell out £4M for him with little or no resale value ....

Wish him well apart from against us....
Generally I'd agree with that but circumstances dictate.

Our main goalscorer, Benik Afobe on season long loan from Stoke, is out for the season with an ACL injury leaving us really struggling for goals.

As ever I hope for shared points when we meet tomorrow.
QPR are my second team - not many Bristol City fans can say that!

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5141
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Albert Steptoe » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:22 am

A bargain for Bristol City at that price. They're clearly an ambitious club whose owners recognise that promotion to the Premier League is the only way forward. Meanwhile our Director of Football's most noticeable acquisition in the striking department in the last five years is spending £2.5m on Conor Washington. aniclap

Post Reply