Nahki Wells

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Season long loans aren't worth the paper they are written on....

Not a whinge..... Just an observation

Let's hope Hugill or Mkalar step up to the plate....

Good luck to Nakhi.... It's a short career and he must maximise his earnings before it comes to an end...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:06 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Nahki Wells signed for them 2 1/2 years ago ... his Burnley career consists of 10 substitute appearances, no starts and no goals. They have recalled him to try and recoup some of the £5 million they shelled out.

Burnley are playing games with his career. It would be funny if he made outlandish contract demands in any transfer dealings to scupper them, then sat at Burnley until the summer, then came back where he is happy, and wanted.
I appreciate that they want to sell him. They might get their money back. I think they know he might sit out his contract, but the risk of this is outweighed by the potential benefits.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Good luck to Nakhi.... It's a short career and he must maximise his earnings before it comes to an end...
Hope's about right. Mlakar really doesn't seem to have made any impact at all and can't even get a game. Maybe it could be the making of him. Hugill I just don't rate. He needs too many chances to get a goal and I think WHU paid over the odds for him. I've never rated him but would be quite happy to be proven wrong. I think we need to try and get someone else in. Or is there anyone coming through the ranks that may be able to have a go for the rest of the season?
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:15 am

W12Allstars wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 am
Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Hope's about right. Mlakar really doesn't seem to have made any impact at all and can't even get a game. Maybe it could be the making of him. Hugill I just don't rate. He needs too many chances to get a goal and I think WHU paid over the odds for him. I've never rated him but would be quite happy to be proven wrong. I think we need to try and get someone else in. Or is there anyone coming through the ranks that may be able to have a go for the rest of the season?
After talking to him at the end of last season I had high hopes that Charley Kendal might push on this season after a bad injury curtailed an outstanding glut of goals. Unfortunately he hasn't played much this season either until recently and isn't banging them in left, right and centre.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:43 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:34 pm
“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP."
For crying out loud are we the only club in the Football League labouring under this FFP sanction?
Are Derby, Wednesday or Birmingham liable to be slapped with a similar financial penalty constraint?
We're not under any FFP sanction. We're just trying to operate within the rules while others choose to bend or break them.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:49 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
For crying out loud are we the only club in the Football League labouring under this FFP sanction?
Are Derby, Wednesday or Birmingham liable to be slapped with a similar financial penalty constraint?
We're not under any FFP sanction. We're just trying to operate within the rules while others choose to bend or break them.
without the FL being as determined to punish them as severe as they were us.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:54 am

We weren't punished for years after we were charged. Maybe wait and see what happens with the charges against these clubs.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:36 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:54 am
We weren't punished for years after we were charged. Maybe wait and see what happens with the charges against these clubs.
The delay is Immaterial we will paying money to the FL for next ten years. If the "punishment" handed out to Birmingham is the norm I will not be holding my breath

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:36 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:54 am
The delay is Immaterial we will paying money to the FL for next ten years. If the "punishment" handed out to Birmingham is the norm I will not be holding my breath
..yep...just deducting points but not enough to make any real damage.....pretty soft punishment IMO.... :roll:

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
Then they are not fit for purpose, and prove that the EFL just wanted to punish us out of spite. Same as they did with Luton.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Damien wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:

Then they are not fit for purpose, and prove that the EFL just wanted to punish us out of spite. Same as they did with Luton.
Could not agree more.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:44 pm

It's in plain sight.... Am I the only one who can see how the club is being run?

We are working on a reduced budget as the money has run out....

The parachute money is no more and we are now cutting our cloth accordingly...

We're never going to part with £3/4/5M for Nakhi as he has no sell on value at 30....

Best move the club made was getting Ramsey in and developing young talent...

FFP is just a convenient excuse and we are where we are thanks to some astute financial management by the likes of Lee Hoos and dare I say Les Ferdinand... (Never thought I'd write that!) following the madness years of Uncle Tony's reign as chairman ...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Looks like he's going to Brizzle: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... -deal-html You just know what will happen on Saturday!

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Speaking of Bristol, any truth in the talk around Jonson Clarke-Harris being considered by us I wonder? Looks like a Wells type of player.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:01 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:48 pm
Looks like he's going to Brizzle: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/foo ... -deal-html You just know what will happen on Saturday!
I assume he has been offered a good lengthy contract with more than we pay but maybe less than Burnley and good luck to him there is no loyalty in football. To this end however I hope there is no cheering or booing when or if his name is called out. Just another opposition player.