Nahki Wells

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by dm » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:33 am

I wonder if there will be the possibility of a deal with Burnley that involves BOS? Wells has been good for us but, on balance, I hope we don't go down that road. I'd like us to keep hold of BOS for another season before cashing in on him.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 am

Sad to see him recalled as he made a real contribution and looked to be committed to the cause when he played.

£4 million is alot for a club in our situation to put out for a player of this age - hopefully, there may be one or two other options out there - loans possibly - that can help the team to progress.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:14 pm

I think it was a no brainer for Burnley to recall him. 4 million is an understandable valuation,considering what other strikers in the division have gone for. Even if no one else can agree terms, it's reasonable for Burnley to see what he can do in the Prem.
I don't think we should be in that market any more though. I wouldn't hold it against them for stumping up, but we should be looking elsewhere, in my opinion.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Same fans who said he was shite, in the summer now want us to stump up a fee for him.. :roll:

Thankfully the cheque book was firmly slammed shut on Uncle Tony's fingers as this would have been a typical populist signing when he was still in charge....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:11 pm

jimjams wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:14 pm
I think it was a no brainer for Burnley to recall him. 4 million is an understandable valuation,considering what other strikers in the division have gone for. Even if no one else can agree terms, it's reasonable for Burnley to see what he can do in the Prem.
I don't think we should be in that market any more though. I wouldn't hold it against them for stumping up, but we should be looking elsewhere, in my opinion.
Nahki Wells signed for them 2 1/2 years ago ... his Burnley career consists of 10 substitute appearances, no starts and no goals. They have recalled him to try and recoup some of the £5 million they shelled out.

Burnley are playing games with his career. It would be funny if he made outlandish contract demands in any transfer dealings to scupper them, then sat at Burnley until the summer, then came back where he is happy, and wanted.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:08 pm

It's hard not to agree with Dave Mc's statement. It'd be different if we were on course for promotion, then 4m would be a gamble worth taking, but with our current situation, it's not really a gamble we should be taking - especially as there's no resale value.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:20 pm

It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:45 pm

It would be ironic if he signed for Bristol City, who just happen to be our next home fixture on Saturday - ouch for all parties !

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:58 pm

IJM wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:45 pm
It would be ironic if he signed for Bristol City, who just happen to be our next home fixture on Saturday - ouch for all parties !
Being rested after tweaking his whatever stops him from playing? :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:34 pm

“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP."
I mean, that statement says all we need to know. They want too much and we're not going to pay it. Thanks for all your hard work Nahki.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:45 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:11 pm
jimjams wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:14 pm
Nahki Wells signed for them 2 1/2 years ago ... his Burnley career consists of 10 substitute appearances, no starts and no goals. They have recalled him to try and recoup some of the £5 million they shelled out.

Burnley are playing games with his career. It would be funny if he made outlandish contract demands in any transfer dealings to scupper them, then sat at Burnley until the summer, then came back where he is happy, and wanted.
If Burnley get £4m for him then good luck to them: that's way over what we would pay. They obviously have got serious offers for him otherwise they wouldn't have recalled him as he's way behind their other strikers in the pecking order (Wood, Barnes, Rodriguez & Vydra) so won't play for them.
Lex Talionis........

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:40 pm

Should he sign for Bristol City we may well see him back at QPR this weekend. That would be a bit soon.....
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 pm

....just reading that it was supposed to be a Season Loan....meaning it should last the whole season....
so I did not know that it could have been called off at any stage... :roll:

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:38 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 pm
....just reading that it was supposed to be a Season Loan....meaning it should last the whole season....
so I did not know that it could have been called off at any stage... :roll:
I suppose it depends on what clauses are in the contract. Bottom line, he is their player, and they can call the shots - after all they did shell out £5 million for him to Huddersfield.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:43 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:34 pm
“Our current valuations on the player are far apart and we cannot agree to a deal which will leave us in breach of FFP."
For crying out loud are we the only club in the Football League labouring under this FFP sanction?
Are Derby, Wednesday or Birmingham liable to be slapped with a similar financial penalty constraint?
Staff Benda Bilili