Nahki Wells

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9204
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Nahki Wells

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm

I hope he stays, things seem to be going well for him, he is scoring goals, and he says he is happy.

You can’t put a price on that. Nothing in football is a given, and there have been many examples of players who were prolific moving elsewhere and not being able to hit a cows backside with a banjo.

I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. But that’s the point, he isn’t our player, so whatever happens might be beyond our control.

It would be good if we could agree a deal with Burnley, but we are skint, and then there are the constraints of FFP.

I will be crossing all of the things that need to be crossed and counting down the days to the window closing, but it might not be enough.

On a similar point Eze and BOS have attracted attention, and while I am hoping we beat Sheff Wed on Friday, it would be good if it was an under stated performance. A decent offer will probably see one or both leave.

The sad thing, I think there is something special happening at QPR under Mark Warburton, and these guys just might miss out chasing someone else’s dream.

I would love to see what this squad with a few additions might do next season. As I say, I think it could be special.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Giorgio » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 pm

..I agree...there is something good and nice taking shape and growing up with this young squad that MW has assembled.
The style, the spirit and the quality are all in it. Not always things go the right way but when they do we see wins like vs Cardiff and Swansea
happening. It would be a shame breaking this nice toy ...but as it has been said, it is out of our hands...just hope..

Few years ago Pescara FC won the Italian serie B, playing fast and entertaining football, scoring plenty of goals under the Chech manager Zdenek Zeman. The squad was made of young at that time unknown players....named Insigne, Immobile, Verratti...that the season after were sold to the big clubs, like Juventus, Milan, Napoli....and even PSG...they became part of the national team....and Pescara FC counted the money, got relegated immediately and went back to the lower divisions.... :roll:

User avatar
Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Folkestone

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Spencer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Sorry , but can you two please be quiet. There are quite a few fans out there that will disagree and I cannot have you guys sounding happy and positive.
Next you will be telling me Conor Masterson can play football, Kelly is a good keeper....dont get me started on how crap and lazy Eze Bos and Chair are !!!

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9204
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Sorry Spencer ... you are right. This is the worst QPR team I have ever seen. That BOS no pace and couldn’t trap a bag of cement, Eze on the ball ... the only people to worry are those sat in the row Z behind the goal. We are doomed.

Oh and Nahki Wells has to be the luckiest player in football. 14 times this season he has sliced the ball or miss hit a cross and it has dribbled in. Just look at his goal at the weekend - other clubs would be crazy to want a player like him.


Is that better?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:54 pm

"On a similar point Eze and BOS have attracted attention, and while I am hoping we beat Sheff Wed on Friday, it would be good if it was an under stated performance. A decent offer will probably see one or both leave."

There is no way the club would sell both Eze and BOS in the next week, especially if we lose Wells. We would also not get much at all for BOS yet as he's only been a first team regular for a short while and we need him to build up his reputation as one of the best young players in the Championship like Eze has done to increase interest.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5122
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 pm
Sorry Spencer ... you are right. This is the worst QPR team I have ever seen. That BOS no pace and couldn’t trap a bag of cement, Eze on the ball ... the only people to worry are those sat in the row Z behind the goal. We are doomed.

Oh and Nahki Wells has to be the luckiest player in football. 14 times this season he has sliced the ball or miss hit a cross and it has dribbled in. Just look at his goal at the weekend - other clubs would be crazy to want a player like him.


Is that better?
It's the boredom that gets me. I fell asleep four times during the Cardiff game, so took a book and a crossword to the Leeds match. That did the trick.....

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm
Location: Boston MA

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by KildarePete » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Oh and Nahki Wells has to be the luckiest player in football. 14 times this season he has sliced the ball or miss hit a cross and it has dribbled in. Just look at his goal at the weekend - other clubs would be crazy to want a player like him.
It has been rumored that the Harlem Globetrotters are going to put in a bid in for Wells

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6512
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by QPR_John » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:14 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm
I hope he stays, things seem to be going well for him, he is scoring goals, and he says he is happy.

You can’t put a price on that. Nothing in football is a given, and there have been many examples of players who were prolific moving elsewhere and not being able to hit a cows backside with a banjo.

I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. But that’s the point, he isn’t our player, so whatever happens might be beyond our control.

It would be good if we could agree a deal with Burnley, but we are skint, and then there are the constraints of FFP.

I will be crossing all of the things that need to be crossed and counting down the days to the window closing, but it might not be enough.

On a similar point Eze and BOS have attracted attention, and while I am hoping we beat Sheff Wed on Friday, it would be good if it was an under stated performance. A decent offer will probably see one or both leave.

The sad thing, I think there is something special happening at QPR under Mark Warburton, and these guys just might miss out chasing someone else’s dream.

I would love to see what this squad with a few additions might do next season. As I say, I think it could be special.
"I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. "

It is down to him. He cannot be made to move anywhere. If he wants to stay I'm sure Burnley will not recall and pay his wages till the end of the season. Also if true they have an option for a another year will they want to pay a years wages just out of spite.

User avatar
Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Folkestone

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Spencer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Spencer wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:46 pm
Sorry , but can you two please be quiet. There are quite a few fans out there that will disagree and I cannot have you guys sounding happy and positive.
Next you will be telling me Conor Masterson can play football, Kelly is a good keeper....dont get me started on how crap and lazy Eze Bos and Chair are !!!
I haven't been this... positive in years. I know we are going to lose a few games...I know Lumley is still learning...Yes we should still score more goals...but boy do we look exciting at times. Really hope we can tie up Nahki as he looks good at this level and just what we need.

I sometimes read some twitter feeds and just amazes me how some fans have turned against Lumley and Scowen. In fact it disgusts me more than seeing someone in a Chelsea shirt at the moment.

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16024
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by SM » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Nottingham Forest also interested now.

Apparently Wells has said he wants to stay...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Monkey » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:14 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm
I hope he stays, things seem to be going well for him, he is scoring goals, and he says he is happy.

You can’t put a price on that. Nothing in football is a given, and there have been many examples of players who were prolific moving elsewhere and not being able to hit a cows backside with a banjo.

I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. But that’s the point, he isn’t our player, so whatever happens might be beyond our control.

It would be good if we could agree a deal with Burnley, but we are skint, and then there are the constraints of FFP.

I will be crossing all of the things that need to be crossed and counting down the days to the window closing, but it might not be enough.

On a similar point Eze and BOS have attracted attention, and while I am hoping we beat Sheff Wed on Friday, it would be good if it was an under stated performance. A decent offer will probably see one or both leave.

The sad thing, I think there is something special happening at QPR under Mark Warburton, and these guys just might miss out chasing someone else’s dream.

I would love to see what this squad with a few additions might do next season. As I say, I think it could be special.
"I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. "

It is down to him. He cannot be made to move anywhere. If he wants to stay I'm sure Burnley will not recall and pay his wages till the end of the season. Also if true they have an option for a another year will they want to pay a years wages just out of spite.
Also, he can’t make a club offer him a contract. He won’t turn down a 3 year contract elsewhere to stay with us for 6 months and see what happens!
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6512
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by QPR_John » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Monkey wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:43 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:14 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm
I hope he stays, things seem to be going well for him, he is scoring goals, and he says he is happy.

You can’t put a price on that. Nothing in football is a given, and there have been many examples of players who were prolific moving elsewhere and not being able to hit a cows backside with a banjo.

I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. But that’s the point, he isn’t our player, so whatever happens might be beyond our control.

It would be good if we could agree a deal with Burnley, but we are skint, and then there are the constraints of FFP.

I will be crossing all of the things that need to be crossed and counting down the days to the window closing, but it might not be enough.

On a similar point Eze and BOS have attracted attention, and while I am hoping we beat Sheff Wed on Friday, it would be good if it was an under stated performance. A decent offer will probably see one or both leave.

The sad thing, I think there is something special happening at QPR under Mark Warburton, and these guys just might miss out chasing someone else’s dream.

I would love to see what this squad with a few additions might do next season. As I say, I think it could be special.
"I would like to think if it was down to him he would stay. "

It is down to him. He cannot be made to move anywhere. If he wants to stay I'm sure Burnley will not recall and pay his wages till the end of the season. Also if true they have an option for a another year will they want to pay a years wages just out of spite.
Also, he can’t make a club offer him a contract. He won’t turn down a 3 year contract elsewhere to stay with us for 6 months and see what happens!
Of course not. It goes without saying we would have to offer him a contract that's his choice and nobody else.

User avatar
beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by beaglebum » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 am

Official statement is now saying he is staying at QPR until the end of the season. Good news :)

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13445
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by dm » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 am
Official statement is now saying he is staying at QPR until the end of the season. Good news :)
Where have you seen this official statement?

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Nahki Wells

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 am

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 am
Official statement is now saying he is staying at QPR until the end of the season. Good news :)
...so now we have few more months to start collecting the money needed to make him a permanent offer...?? :wink: :wink:

Post Reply