Leeds team and prediction

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Leeds team and prediction

Post by patrickqpr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Great result :D

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Great performance by Jeckyll & Hyde Park Rangers. We beat the best then lose to the worst. We are QPR!😃

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Hernandez is a dislikeable little toad as well .... displays all the traits of the cynical elements in the foreign game.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Leeds got what they deserved today. Phillips sums up why they are so disliked: so pleased to see him sent off and out for 3 matches after he got away with exactly the same thing last season against Cameron at their place.
Lex Talionis........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Wasn't it a Phillip's tackle that saw Cameron out for the rest of the season a while back. Phillips has that in his locker sadly.

Thought Cooper should have been booked for his challenges on Wells and BOS, based on the other yellow cards being dished out by the ref.

Bamford's dive in slow mo looks shocking.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm
Kelly showing why he should've been in the team weeks ago.
Saving a poor penalty? He said himself he had nothing much else to do. Bamford really didn’t look confident did he.

A handy win for us, Masterson man of the match for me. How many times did the commentator say ‘away by Masterson.’

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm
White Duck wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm
Kelly showing why he should've been in the team weeks ago.
Saving a poor penalty? He said himself he had nothing much else to do. Bamford really didn’t look confident did he.

A handy win for us, Masterson man of the match for me. How many times did the commentator say ‘away by Masterson.’
Give over: that was a very good penalty save. Was never a penalty in the first place of course.
Lex Talionis........

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:24 pm

His handling was very good today and there were a couple of decent/tricky saves in there. Main thing is he didn’t give a goal away for nothing.

He looks too small to me, but on that showing he’s very obviously a safer pair of hands than lumley.

Interestingly, I’d need to watch it back but I think Warburton said that lumley got an injury on Friday in his pre-match interview and that’s why he wasn’t selected. Then Kelly just told the cameras the gaffer told him he’d be in the team on Thursday. Maybe that’s why he wasn’t in the squad, but it sounds like MW had decided to replace him before the injury.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Felt we needed a 2nd goal as the ref was going to give a soft decision in the second half to even up the mistake over Nakhi's goal

Never was a penalty as Kelly did he even get a card?
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:33 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:24 pm
His handling was very good today and there were a couple of decent/tricky saves in there. Main thing is he didn’t give a goal away for nothing.

He looks too small to me, but on that showing he’s very obviously a safer pair of hands than lumley.

Interestingly, I’d need to watch it back but I think Warburton said that lumley got an injury on Friday in his pre-match interview and that’s why he wasn’t selected. Then Kelly just told the cameras the gaffer told him he’d be in the team on Thursday. Maybe that’s why he wasn’t in the squad, but it sounds like MW had decided to replace him before the injury.
Sky commentary said that Lumley got injured in training during the week and Hugill was dealing with a knock.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:02 pm

KildarePete wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:33 pm
stainesranger wrote:

Sky commentary said that Lumley got injured in training during the week and Hugill was dealing with a knock.
MW said lumley hurt his neck yesterday, Kelly said MW told him he was playing on Thursday, so Lumley had been dropped.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm
Felt we needed a 2nd goal as the ref was going to give a soft decision in the second half to even up the mistake over Nakhi's goal

Never was a penalty as Kelly did he even get a card?
You don't automatically get a yellow card for giving away a penalty. If the ref looks at the foul as a genuine attempt to play the ball then no card is shown

Don Gibbons
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Don Gibbons » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm

stainesranger wrote:

According to Wikipedia, selected goalkeeper heights are:

LIAM KELLY 1.89 metres

JORDAN PICKFORD 1.85 metres

PETER SHILTON 1.83 metres

JOE LUMLEY 1.96 metres

So if goal-keeping ability is all about height, the LUMLEY is the best of this bunch

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Don Gibbons wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm
stainesranger wrote:

According to Wikipedia, selected goalkeeper heights are:

LIAM KELLY 1.89 metres

JORDAN PICKFORD 1.85 metres

PETER SHILTON 1.83 metres

JOE LUMLEY 1.96 metres

So if goal-keeping ability is all about height, the LUMLEY is the best of this bunch

1.89m is 6”2.

Think Kelly or his agent might’ve been editing the page.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:52 pm

That might explain why Cameron looked so keen to get down the tunnel after him at the end of the game then