January transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: January transfer rumours

Post by Rbee » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:42 pm

Zaha struggles to score but there aren't too many players around like him, flair players, so it would be a good signing for Palace and something to appease their fans. Whether Eze would mature in to a much better player is of course unknown.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:45 am

Zaha isn’t going anywhere until the summer, so can’t see this happening just yet...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:55 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:42 pm
Zaha struggles to score but there aren't too many players around like him, flair players, so it would be a good signing for Palace and something to appease their fans. Whether Eze would mature in to a much better player is of course unknown.
Yeah this seems like a plausible deal to me, unfortunately. Fee is probably about right, I think Palace could manage it and could use him well.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 am

jimjams wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:55 am
Rbee wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:42 pm
Yeah this seems like a plausible deal to me, unfortunately. Fee is probably about right, I think Palace could manage it and could use him well.
I dislike Palace but it's probably a sensible move all around, hopefully we can get a sell-on fee and Eze can get a bigger move down the line. I imagine it's more likely to be in the Summer. Maybe Eze can put a couple of million on top between now and then or drum up some competition for his signature.
dm wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 pm
Satch wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 pm
I wonder if we'll see Owens getting a chance?
I've been wondering about Charley Owens too. MW seemed to like him but in September he sustained a knee injury and had an operation. I would have thought he'd be back now but there's been no sign of him yet. We could certainly use some cover in the defensive two where he plays,
I think he's a regular 'Charlie' - He looked reasonable pre-season, it had passed me by that he was injured, doesn't appear to have been playing. A shame, this could have been a big chance. I hope Shodip can get a decent run.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:23 pm

If we really did get 15m offered for Eze, we'd be silly not to take it. That'd nearly pay off our whole FFP Fine.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:00 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:23 pm
If we really did get 15m offered for Eze, we'd be silly not to take it. That'd nearly pay off our whole FFP Fine.
Indeed. Double edged sword for me, happy to keep Eze, BOS etc but on the other hand disappointed that seemingly no legitimate enquiries came in for them indicating that there probably won't be in the summer either.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:09 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:00 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Indeed. Double edged sword for me, happy to keep Eze, BOS etc but on the other hand disappointed that seemingly no legitimate enquiries came in for them indicating that there probably won't be in the summer either.
We don't know that for sure. The club are under no obligation to make public news of any offers. And to suggest there won't be an offer for Eze in the summer as a result is daft. If he's scored 15 - 20 goals by then the phones will be red hot.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:09 pm
Rbee wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
We don't know that for sure. The club are under no obligation to make public news of any offers. And to suggest there won't be an offer for Eze in the summer as a result is daft. If he's scored 15 - 20 goals by then the phones will be red hot.
Agreed, he'll attract attention come what may; best young talent we've had @HQ for many years.
If selling him for £15 mil gets rid of the FFP albatross then painful as it may be flogging him would be a no-brainer.

By the way have we signed anybody this January?
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:37 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:09 pm
Rbee wrote:

Agreed, he'll attract attention come what may; best young talent we've had @HQ for many years.
If selling him for £15mill gets rid of the FFP albatross then painful as it may be flogging him would be a no-brainer.
Well we would be replacing one albatross for another. At the moment the fine does not count for FFP purposes whereas should it be paid off and the owners put the £2M into the club that would count towards FFP

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:56 pm

deadendjob wrote:
There is no reason to use any money generated by player sales; the fine is paid for by the directors over ten years. The money generated from players sales is needed to offset the losses from lack of revenue to pay the players and staff. It would be really helpful if those that are moaning and have stopped going would realise that the best way to help the club is to fill the ground up every game.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:48 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:56 pm
deadendjob wrote:
There is no reason to use any money generated by player sales; the fine is paid for by the directors over ten years. The money generated from players sales is needed to offset the losses from lack of revenue to pay the players and staff. It would be really helpful if those that are moaning and have stopped going would realise that the best way to help the club is to fill the ground up every game.
aniclap

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:02 pm

Rbee wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
BOS is only half way through a season as a regular starter, give it some time. We don't know what happened re: Eze but he doesn't strike me as a January buy. I'm sure plenty will want him and if not then we get to keep the band together for another season. Although we obviously need some money in the coffers.