Just got back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Let me start by saying it was .... FREEZING! My toes still haven't recovered.

I thought we played well, and were good value for a point. It was a game which could have gone either way, which meant we were all nervous watching the last few minutes, but it turned out OK.

We looked more solid at the back, and Derby's goal came from a free kick, which Waghorn put over the wall and into the top corner. Lumley had no chance. I don't remember the last time I saw one of our players do that. It was their first real effort on goal and I felt we had the best of the first 20 minutes. So, disappointing to say the least.

We equalised in first half injury time when BOS was brought down. Eze put it away with his usual aplomb!

I thought BOS had a good game and looked threatening, Eze was quite quiet apart from the goal - he did make a couple of runs towards goal but they came to nothing. That's not a criticism it's an observation. We did get as few free kicks around their box as we do most games, but couldn't replicate Waghorn's effort from the first half.

One tiny thing - there were a few times we got in to their box, and it was crying out for someone to shoot, but we passed it, and eventually lost possession. This happened at least twice maybe more. Again we would be on the attack and the ball suddenly would be back with Lumley. I think we need to be a bit more ruthless in front of goal.

Overall, I'm happy with the point. Preston have had some poor results recently particularly away from home - it's time to give them a good hard slap in our next game.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Just got back

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Thanks Zenith.PNE at home is the stuff of nightmares for me aniwall

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm

How did Pugh play? He can't be match fit but I was just wondering how he got on.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:46 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm
How did Pugh play? He can't be match fit but I was just wondering how he got on.
Very well in my view, linked play up nicely. He was one of the three wiser heads with Rangel and Cameron who kept us much tidier with the ball.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:05 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:05 pm
Team and fans are utter sheiser faces.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:19 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:05 pm
Damien wrote:
I pray we don't go a goal behind, Preston are masters of time wasting, sorry, game management. They're as ugly as that infamous bus station that was built there some years back.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:35 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:19 pm
Montag wrote:
Damien wrote:
I pray we don't go a goal behind, Preston are masters of time wasting, sorry, game management. They're as ugly as that infamous bus station that was built there some years back.
Hopefully we've learn't about their gamesmanship, I usually walk out of a Preston home game appalled all round.
Staff Benda Bilili

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks for the write up Zenith.

Nice to finally stop the rot... Thought BOS made a huge difference.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:07 am

SM wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 pm
Thanks for the write up Zenith.

Nice to finally stop the rot... Thought BOS made a huge difference.
I agree, he looked hungry and wanted to be involved. Over the years we've seen too many players where that wasn't the case, so well done to him
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:35 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:19 pm
Montag wrote:

Hopefully we've learn't about their gamesmanship, I usually walk out of a Preston home game appalled all round.
Took my 12 year old to LR for their game last season. We were appalling but they're mastery of the dark arts made a crap day even worse.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Good report, thanks.
Pleased that MW got some reward for making some changes to the team and formation.
Lex Talionis........