Match Thread: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by QPR_John » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:23 pm

jimjams wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Booing I think because Eze did his usual penalty trick. Keeper protested. He’ll be pulled up on it one of these days but not today. Probably good for us that they are annoyed. I think they might still come out stronger 2nd half, though.
Surely the way Eze takes a penalty is a matter of fact and not opinion.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:23 pm
jimjams wrote:
Booing I think because Eze did his usual penalty trick. Keeper protested. He’ll be pulled up on it one of these days but not today. Probably good for us that they are annoyed. I think they might still come out stronger 2nd half, though.
Exactly! I just watched it again and he changes his pace but does NOT stop on his run up. I am certain that if he had broken any of the FA Laws the ref would have noticed and made him retake it.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 pm
QPR_John wrote:
jimjams wrote:
Exactly! I just watched it again and he changes his pace but does NOT stop on his run up. I am certain that if he had broken any of the FA Laws the ref would have noticed and made him retake it.
Here are the FA's penalty rules: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... nalty-kick

The clause relating to feinting in the penalty takers run up reads: "...the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate infringes the Laws of the Game...feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)..."

Eze's penalties are within the rules because he makes his feint in the penultimate step of his run up.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:55 pm

That's better R"s. Sounds like a pragmatic performance which was much needed. Changes must have worked by the looks of too. Something to build on. Strange how we look better on the road though :o :o

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Here are the FA's penalty rules: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... nalty-kick

The clause relating to feinting in the penalty takers run up reads: "...the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate infringes the Laws of the Game...feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)..."

Eze's penalties are within the rules because he makes his feint in the penultimate step of his run up.
I think its a valid tactic. Goalkeepers are trained to look at the penalty taker's body shape as he approaches the ball so I think its fair that they should be allowed to try to deceive the keeper.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:12 pm

The keeper was off his line before Eze kicked it ... so, hardly in a position to complain if we are going to go by the letter of the law.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
jimjams wrote:
Point was not so much that he stopped on this occasion but that the referee might have thought so, and sooner or later one will.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:41 pm

jimjams wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Point was not so much that he stopped on this occasion but that the referee might have thought so, and sooner or later one will.
Once the rule was changed to allow Eze's type of run up then all bets were off. No referee will order a retake unless it is 100% obvious the penalty taker stopped running like simply waiting for the keeper to dive.