A little bit of toast..

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

A little bit of toast..

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:00 am

Listened to the after match summary by loaf ...

Had to agree we just crumbled after the second goal.... It was unacceptable

Not that unusual as I've seen QPR sides managed by the likes of Neil Warnock do the same

Feel sorry for Joe as he's the latest scapegoat on Twitter by our so called fans.... Really are dispicable

Although not the answer maybe, I do hope Kelly is fit again due to his experience as Joe is being destroyed weekly and our third choice goalie shouldn't be an option....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: A little bit of toast..

Post by dm » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:15 am

Seny Dieng returns in January from his loan at Doncaster. He's always done very well when out on loan, albeit in lower divisions, and from the bits and pieces I've seen of him, seems a very confident lad. It maybe clutching at straws and wouldn't be the complete answer to our defensive malaise but he deserves a chance and could be tried in the FA cup 3rd round.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:41 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:00 am
Listened to the after match summary by loaf ...

Had to agree we just crumbled after the second goal.... It was unacceptable

Not that unusual as I've seen QPR sides managed by the likes of Neil Warnock do the same

Feel sorry for Joe as he's the latest scapegoat on Twitter by our so called fans.... Really are dispicable

Although not the answer maybe, I do hope Kelly is fit again due to his experience as Joe is being destroyed weekly and our third choice goalie shouldn't be an option....

Whoever is in goal, they are not being helped by the poorly organised defence in front of them. Both Hall and Leistner frequently lose their man - just look at Kamara's first goal at Fulham - in the centre of the goal, both centre backs nowhere near him. Their fourth goal last night was a tap in from a yard - no defender in sight. Yes, Lumley has made mistakes, but confidence is everything for a goalkeeper, and I'm not sure the best goalkeeper in the world would feel confident behind our defence at the moment.

My problem, is this has been there all season and there are no obvious signs of it being addressed. We won six out of eight games from August to October, scored a lot of goals and the football was very easy on the eye. We all got a little excited and a little giddy, but that last victory was over a month ago and we have shipped 15 goals since then picking up just two points.

Bottom line .. Football is a results driven business.

The defence needs some urgent attention, and we are still waiting to see any evidence of that being addressed.

CHANGING THE MANAGER IS NOT THE ANSWER
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:20 pm

How is the fourth goal onside?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I am not entirely happy with their first goal as the scorer was all over Kane but I can't work out whether Kane wasn't properly set or the difference in height was a factor. In open play I can see that given as a foul many times.

The fourth, well Joe fumbled it, perhaps because of the deflection but to me he was so slow in recovery to make an attempt to stop the goal.

All semantics really as overall it was a poor performance with our usual poor defending.