QPR v Forest

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: QPR v Forest

Post by Albert Steptoe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 pm

We were abysmal tonight from start to finish. Feels a bit like Hasselbaink’s 0-6 or McClaren’s defeats to Rotherham and Bolton.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:42 pm

...embarrassing performance tonight....ok..the match could have gone different if Scowen had put that header in...and get the 1-1....
but still, probably the worst performance at home so far....

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:43 pm

The reality is that Warburton is now under pressure

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:52 am

stainesranger wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:43 pm
From who ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:55 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:52 am
stainesranger wrote:
From who ?
Internet dweebs

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:58 am

Crabsandwich wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:55 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:52 am
stainesranger wrote:
From who ?
Internet dweebs
Nailed it.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:12 am

He’s got one point from a possible 15. That’s relegation form. How could he not be under pressure?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:21 am

Well that's one perspective. On the other hand, we're eight points above the relegation zone, and in those five games, we've played three top six teams, and the form team in the division. So maybe we could cut the manager and the team a little slack.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 am

I’m more than happy to cut them some slack. They’ve played some great football this season and I’m not a fan of chopping and changing managers.

But the objective reality is that he’ll be under pressure now.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:18 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Only by short sighted people like you. Almost every Forest player cost more than our entire squad put together. This is going to take a few seasons and, hopefully, with the same manager so we don't have this continual revolving door where NO manager will ever succeed. I really hope the board don't take a blind bit of notice of what fans are saying in this matter and stay behind the set up we have.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:18 pm
stainesranger wrote:
Only by short sighted people like you. Almost every Forest player cost more than our entire squad put together. This is going to take a few seasons and, hopefully, with the same manager so we don't have this continual revolving door where NO manager will ever succeed. I really hope the board don't take a blind bit of notice of what fans are saying in this matter and stay behind the set up we have.
I’m not in favour of changing the manager, which you’d know if you’d read my previous post. Just observing that no wins in 5 games will put any manager under pressure. I think the observation is relevant because in addition to our defensive problems the manager now has an additional problem to contend with. That’s football though. I’m not sure why observing that he’ll be under pressure has upset sensibilities so much.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:20 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:51 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
stainesranger wrote:
I’m not in favour of changing the manager, which you’d know if you’d read my previous post. Just observing that no wins in 5 games will put any manager under pressure. I think the observation is relevant because in addition to our defensive problems the manager now has an additional problem to contend with. That’s football though. I’m not sure why observing that he’ll be under pressure has upset sensibilities so much.
Some people get their backs up at ANY criticism or perceived negativity of the manager, automatically assuming people are calling for the manager to be sacked.

You are of course right to say Warburton is under pressure due to our recent run, not least from himself as he will be desperate to turn things around. I'm sure he will as he's a good manager.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:21 pm

White Duck wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:20 pm
stainesranger wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:51 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Some people get their backs up at ANY criticism or perceived negativity of the manager, automatically assuming people are calling for the manager to be sacked.

You are of course right to say Warburton is under pressure due to our recent run, not least from himself as he will be desperate to turn things around. I'm sure he will as he's a good manager.
Most of the SM outlets are packed with morons who are wanting MW sacked, and replaced by anyone from a selection of Holloway, Warnock, McClaren, Pulis and any name their enfeebled minds can come up with. The sort of people who are demanding that we buy the players they think will ensure we are promoted as champions after four wins and demanding half the players are got rid of, along with the manager, after four defeats. I have said it before and I'll repeat it; there are far too many cünt's claiming to be QPR fans than is healthy. Saying that it is a results based business is a cop out for people suffering from hubris because their mates are taking the piss out of them.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:21 am
So maybe we could cut the manager and the team a little slack.
At QPR? No chance.

Eze's not up to much either apparently. aniwall

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:12 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:21 am
So maybe we could cut the manager and the team a little slack.
At QPR? No chance.

Eze's not up to much either apparently. aniwall
He was very poor last night but has had a great season. He can't play well every game.
Lex Talionis........