Not really seen it said

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Not really seen it said

Post by Devonranger » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:57 am

Thought the team selection for an awkward match away from home was pretty bold, particularly given some of the flak and impatience shown in his direction from some quarters of the Rangers fans.

All credit to him and the team - think we have seen the club make a decent managerial appointment here - very positive in his approach.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Not really seen it said

Post by 222gers » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:04 am

Patience is a virtue but one not often displayed by some football fans. With the frantic comings and goings over the summer, I would say it would be months not weeks needed to pass judgement. As you say, MW seems to be ahead of schedule.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:25 am

Seeing Swansea at the top of the table and Bristol City up there too indicates we are competing well currently.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:01 am

Warburton is quietly doing a fantastic job.

We’re competitive, we’re good to watch and we’re getting results.

I’m very pleasantly surprised by our start to the season - not what I expected at all.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 am

Dead right SM, 10 points and 8th at the end of August, who'd have thought it! On top of that, the football we're playing is hugely entertaining, even in games we've lost. As Devon points out, we've only lost to a couple of the currently best sides in the division, which is encouraging, to say the least :D

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:00 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 am
Dead right SM, 10 points and 8th at the end of August, who'd have thought it! On top of that, the football we're playing is hugely entertaining, even in games we've lost. As Devon points out, we've only lost to a couple of the currently best sides in the division, which is encouraging, to say the least :D
Spot on. This is a team/ squad that you could reasonably expect to take half a season to get it right due to the amount of players who left and the amount brought in to replace them. There were a great number of people who had us down for nailed on relegation and I thought we would do well to reach 17th-18th so I am more than happy with how we have performed already this season. For a bunch of recent U23's, cheap and free signings and a couple of loanees up front I think this is way beyond what any of us expected. At some point it will probably go nipples North and then will be the time to remember what a task QPR have on their hands and not go batshit crazy because we lost and someone made a mistake.
Even yesterday's game has drawn comments about Lumley not being able to save a penalty FFS. No mentions of the well spotted fast throw out that led to our winning goal. It seems that some people can't or are unwilling to accept any positives when it comes to QPR. I'm glad that it has reached the levels of complaining about the colour of the kit, that means there is very little to find fault with.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Football fans will always be able to find something to worry and complain about. I dare say supporters of Barcelona, Bayern Munch and Man City have their moans so we're no different to any other club.

Nonetheless, hats off to Warburton, his coaches and the players for a brilliant August. Very few of us expected it; least of all me. I thought we'd find this season the hardest struggle yet since relegation and I'm highly delighted to be wrong - to date at least. And there's the thing. We got 40 games to play in a league where anything can happen and frequently does.

But so far so very, very good (I'm not too fussed about the fizzy pop cup). There's every reason to expect a comfortable mid-table finish, and perhaps even a little higher. And hopefully this season will be the foundation on which the club can build toward not only stability but also success.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Football fans will always be able to find something to worry and complain about. I dare say supporters of Barcelona, Bayern Munch and Man City have their moans so we're no different to any other club.

Nonetheless, hats off to Warburton, his coaches and the players for a brilliant August. Very few of us expected it; least of all me. I thought we'd find this season the hardest struggle yet since relegation and I'm highly delighted to be wrong - to date at least. And there's the thing. We got 40 games to play in a league where anything can happen and frequently does.

But so far so very, very good (I'm not too fussed about the fizzy pop cup). There's every reason to expect a comfortable mid-table finish, and perhaps even a little higher. And hopefully this season will be the foundation on which the club can build toward not only stability but also success.
If we average just a point a game over the rest of the season we'll probably avoid relegation. If we average two points a game ... we'll be in the mix for promotion!

Exciting times ahead, and I'm feeling quietly positive about what I've seen so far.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Sadly the result on Wednesday affected the tone of the board....

When I saw the team selection yesterday like others thought blimey that is BOLD!

We've got so use to 451 away and only tended to switch when we went behind which was the usual....

MW is accused of not having a plan B and it will tested when a team finds a way to counter this style he's getting us play...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:42 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:13 pm

If we average just a point a game over the rest of the season we'll probably avoid relegation. If we average two points a game ... we'll be in the mix for promotion!

Exciting times ahead, and I'm feeling quietly positive about what I've seen so far.
Indeed. Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, what a fabulous achievement it would be for this side to reach the playoffs. A real phoenix rising from the ashes scenario. There, I've put the mockers on the season !

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:00 pm
wrinklyhoop wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 am
Spot on. This is a team/ squad that you could reasonably expect to take half a season to get it right due to the amount of players who left and the amount brought in to replace them. There were a great number of people who had us down for nailed on relegation and I thought we would do well to reach 17th-18th so I am more than happy with how we have performed already this season. For a bunch of recent U23's, cheap and free signings and a couple of loanees up front I think this is way beyond what any of us expected. At some point it will probably go nipples North and then will be the time to remember what a task QPR have on their hands and not go batshit crazy because we lost and someone made a mistake.
Even yesterday's game has drawn comments about Lumley not being able to save a penalty FFS. No mentions of the well spotted fast throw out that led to our winning goal. It seems that some people can't or are unwilling to accept any positives when it comes to QPR. I'm glad that it has reached the levels of complaining about the colour of the kit, that means there is very little to find fault with.
:D I saw those comments.

Due to my football commitments , my time at Loftus Road will be few and far between. Only been to one game so far...but it has to be said....the team and the management are certainly impressing me.
However - some fans are really f.... stupid.
Some fans are never happy and some fans know jack shit about football.
I know life is about opinions but some opinions are just wrong :D
At last a team that actually plays football and managed by a guy who no one recognises ..

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:13 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:57 am
Thought the team selection for an awkward match away from home was pretty bold, particularly given some of the flak and impatience shown in his direction from some quarters of the Rangers fans.

All credit to him and the team - think we have seen the club make a decent managerial appointment here - very positive in his approach.
100% agree. Playing Eze and Chair in centre mid and wells and hugill both up top as well is some kind of champ manager madness, and I won't lie I was worried we'd get torn apart. But it's a testament to MW and Eze/Chair in particular that it worked. Note our fantastic first goal started from a tackle from 'lazy' Eze in our own half that won possession and a few seconds later it was in the net.

I seriously think those two are so good. They are by far and away our most creative and best ball players and I love having them both in the team together.

Really impressed with this team and manager at the moment. There will no doubt be ups and downs but it's a joy to watch and we play so aggressive and positively you can forgive the odd inevitable loss.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:44 pm

All credit to MW and the lads. 1st class win. Looking fairly good so far. I think this time, we need a bit more patience. Always rated MW - should've had the job when we were relegated.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:32 pm

I like MW so far. He seems to manage the squad well and has faith in himself and the players. To date there doesn't seem to have been any of the cold treatment that we have seem from several previous incumbents. With a 46 game season that is very important and if he can keep his 18 or so players happy then its going to help us to pick up points here and there,
Come on you Sooopa ........