Brentford at home

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Brentford at home

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:34 am

Has been moved to Monday night for Sky coverage ... Monday 28 October.

Why do they keep repeating the same fixtures - I think this is the third year in a row they've televised this one, plus as last year we have WBA at home on Sky too.

I think their programme schedulers lack imagination.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Brentford at home

Post by White Duck » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 am

Leeds can't be playing that weekend then?
Lex Talionis........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 am
Leeds can't be playing that weekend then?
Or .... they are on Saturday lunch or tea time, and we've been shoved out to Monday evening to accommodate that.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Not to mention Reading, as always they are showing that one.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:47 pm

I am not surprised at all...they always move the local derbies from the Saturday kick off....
Expecting something similar when it will come Fulham and Millwall....

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:21 pm

Millwall is our last Saturday home game. Surely the police won't want that moved ? Very depressing reading for me looking at the fixture list. So many home midweekers already scheduled and we are always likely to lose a few more to the hated SKY. A pox on them.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:21 pm
Millwall is our last Saturday home game. Surely the police won't want that moved ? Very depressing reading for me looking at the fixture list. So many home midweekers already scheduled and we are always likely to lose a few more to the hated SKY. A pox on them.
...did not count last season, but two seasons ago we played only 11 matches on a Sat 3pm KO....(out of 23) .. :roll: :roll: :roll:

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm
222gers wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:21 pm
...did not count last season, but two seasons ago we played only 11 matches on a Sat 3pm KO....(out of 23) .. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes, I remember that season. I wrote to Sky just to tell them, as if they didn't know, how difficult it makes things for us having so many matches moved in one season. The good thing was they actually replied to my letter. The bad part was they couldn't have read it properly because they told me not to worry, there would be plenty of opportunities for me to see my team on Sky TV !