Sheff Weds match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Sheff Weds match thread

Post by jimjams » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:12 am

Brexit? And everyone was just starting to get along as well...

Just took a peek at a Sheffield Wednesday board and they are apoplectic at the ref. I was thinking that he had a good game apart from the penalty, so it goes to show, eye of the beholder and all that.
Even they admit that Bannan was lucky to stay on the pitch, though.

I thought their kit looked decent.

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am

Seen the highlights and have to say Hugill took both goals exceptionally well. I'd thought he was a bit of a donkey from what I'd seen, and both the guys I brought to the games thought the same, but he's proving us wrong. Looks like he could be the source of goals that I'd thought had gone missing from our squad.
@kischmusic

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am
Seen the highlights and have to say Hugill took both goals exceptionally well. I'd thought he was a bit of a donkey from what I'd seen, and both the guys I brought to the games thought the same, but he's proving us wrong. Looks like he could be the source of goals that I'd thought had gone missing from our squad.
It definitely helps his game when he has Wells, Eze, Chair, Manning and Kane/ Rangel supporting him.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Wells and Hugill look class together..... But I suspect you need the midfield / defence well balanced to play to their strengths....

A lot of hope was put on big Smith and Smyth making a front two last season...

Let's hope they keep finding the onion bag together when hostilities recommence in two weeks....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 am

dm wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm
First sight of the new away kit - Mint I believe you call that :? Not sure yet... but a big improvement on last season's shocker. As someone who didn't really follow all the transfer activity during the Summer, I"m a bit confused by all different mid-field options we have. Anyone made their mind up on the first choice yet?
Not sure we've seen the best midfield yet. Cameron and Amos would seem to be the best options for the deep two but Amos has yet to really get into the swing of things. The centre of the three is a position that seems to still be up for grabs. No one's really laid claim to it. Perhaps when Wallace is at LB Manning might have a go there. He certainly doesn't deserve being dropped from the team.
Thanks DM. Apologies for taking so long to reply. Cameron seems central to our plans - he is just injured a lot unfortunately.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:06 am

Damien wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 am
dm wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm
First sight of the new away kit - Mint I believe you call that :? Not sure yet... but a big improvement on last season's shocker. As someone who didn't really follow all the transfer activity during the Summer, I"m a bit confused by all different mid-field options we have. Anyone made their mind up on the first choice yet?
Not sure we've seen the best midfield yet. Cameron and Amos would seem to be the best options for the deep two but Amos has yet to really get into the swing of things. The centre of the three is a position that seems to still be up for grabs. No one's really laid claim to it. Perhaps when Wallace is at LB Manning might have a go there. He certainly doesn't deserve being dropped from the team.
Thanks DM. Apologies for taking so long to reply. Cameron seems central to our plans - he is just injured a lot unfortunately.
Cameron does the DCM job very well, but as you say seems injury prone. Ball hasn't impressed too many when he's filled in there but I think he's been okay and at just 23 is worth working with to improve.