Sheff Weds match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Sheff Weds match thread

Post by dm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:22 pm
Noticeable that Amos was not available today. Against Swansea he was very poor before the injury
as was Smith who was also not involved at all today.
Amos is still coming back from injury but will be fit for the next game in two weeks.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 pm
A fine win coming from behind against a team that had started the season quite well. I notice Mass came on near the end. Shame we have another bloody international break coming up.
Great win to bounce back from Wednesday's result.
Lex Talionis........

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:41 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Noticeable that Amos was not available today. Against Swansea he was very poor before the injury
Amos is still coming back from injury but will be fit for the next game in two weeks.
I know he was injured and the point I'm making is that his absence had something to do with an
improving performance. He may well be a hot shot @ Spurs but we have 2 young players who are
light years ahead of him anyway.
Staff Benda Bilili

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:01 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:41 pm
dm wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
I know he was injured and the point I'm making is that his absence had something to do with an
improving performance. He may well be a hot shot @ Spurs but we have 2 young players who are
light years ahead of him anyway.
I think that's a bit harsh. He's not been brilliant but shown glimpses of what he can do and I'm sure he will improve. Who would you have alongside Cameron in the two if not Amos?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:13 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 pm
Hugill on fire

Is he our 20 goal in a season man ?
For the first time in ages we have a striker who is likely to beat the keeper in a one on one situation.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Never a pen shocking decision, hats off to Lino for our second goal kept the flag down letting the move play out.

Wells assist for Hugill nice to see.

Bloody great result becoming a nice away day for us Hillsborough.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:05 pm
Never a pen shocking decision, hats off to Lino for our second goal kept the flag down letting the move play out.

Indeed. Just seen the “penalty” on the highlights. These refs really have got it in for us.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

Indeed. Just seen the “penalty” on the highlights. These refs really have got it in for us.
Makes the victory that bit sweeter, shocking pen to give the player just threw himself to the floor.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm

First sight of the new away kit - Mint I believe you call that :? Not sure yet... but a big improvement on last season's shocker. As someone who didn't really follow all the transfer activity during the Summer, I"m a bit confused by all different mid-field options we have. Anyone made their mind up on the first choice yet?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:53 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

Looking at the highlights could not see how Hugill was onside when he scored because he was clearly in an offside position when the pass to the wing was made and did not seem to get onside before he scored. However managing to halt the recording at the right moment he was behind the ball when receiving the final pass. As you say good work by the linesman not to mention Hugill in getting behind the ball.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm
First sight of the new away kit - Mint I believe you call that :? Not sure yet... but a big improvement on last season's shocker. As someone who didn't really follow all the transfer activity during the Summer, I"m a bit confused by all different mid-field options we have. Anyone made their mind up on the first choice yet?
Not sure we've seen the best midfield yet. Cameron and Amos would seem to be the best options for the deep two but Amos has yet to really get into the swing of things. The centre of the three is a position that seems to still be up for grabs. No one's really laid claim to it. Perhaps when Wallace is at LB Manning might have a go there. He certainly doesn't deserve being dropped from the team.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:06 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:53 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

Looking at the highlights could not see how Hugill was onside when he scored because he was clearly in an offside position when the pass to the wing was made and did not seem to get onside before he scored. However managing to halt the recording at the right moment he was behind the ball when receiving the final pass. As you say good work by the linesman not to mention Hugill in getting behind the ball.
I can only imagine the cross is the next phase of play, so the minute Manning gets the ball we are now in a new phase so it doesn’t matter what position Hugill was in previously aslong as he’s onside when receiving the cross which he was.

Really impressed with Hugill attacking the channel to get the ball leaving it intelligently & then shifting quickly to get in the box for the cross, proper centre forward play take a bow Jordan spot on son.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:14 pm

Two week break now & then Luton at Home which on paper is winnable but I won’t count my chickens as this is rangers & we don’t do things the easy way.

But great to get three points going into a break & keep a good vibe going around harlington.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:00 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:06 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:53 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

I can only imagine the cross is the next phase of play, so the minute Manning gets the ball we are now in a new phase so it doesn’t matter what position Hugill was in previously aslong as he’s onside when receiving the cross which he was.

Really impressed with Hugill attacking the channel to get the ball leaving it intelligently & then shifting quickly to get in the box for the cross, proper centre forward play take a bow Jordan spot on son.
There are so many things in life I don't understand. Mercator Projection, Egyptian Hieroglyph, the new offside rules........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:53 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:00 pm
There are so many things in life I don't understand. Mercator Projection, Egyptian Hieroglyph, the new offside rules........
..I would add....Brexit... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: