Just Back: woeful tonight

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Just Back: woeful tonight

Post by White Duck » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Very disappointing all around tonight from the team and the management. We lost to a very limited team and deservedly so.

Goals looked like they could be a problem with the starting eleven and so it proved: Mlakar was hung out to dry as the lone striker with very little support, BOS looked disinterested and did nothing, Pugh looks way off match fitness to me and was knackered two thirds of the way through. Only Chair looked on his game but was hooked early in the second half which only made any sense if he was injured. Wells and Eze didn't do enough when they came on: Wells got a soft yellow and then was lucky not to get a second. Eze scored a 'goal' towards the end which took ages to be disallowed but 1-2 would've flattered us.

Matt Smith had a terrible game tonight: distribution was mainly appalling, a few wayward shots and he was weak in the tackle. When Cameron and Amos are back he should be way down the pecking order. Charlie Owens did alright but was pretty anonymous. I would've played Scowen.

With 20 minutes to go the score was 0-0 and surely we wanted to avoid the lottery of penalties: Hugill had spent 5 mins warming up so exeryone expected him to come on for Mlakar. Instead Warburton brought on Dominic Ball for a tired Pugh which was a crazy decision and cost us any chance of getting a result. Ball is a very limited footballer and offered nothing at all: immediately Leistner (who'd played well up until that point) gave a way a poor penalty and after that we never looked like doing anything. Barbet poor again, Kane not good, not convinced that Kelly is good enough to replace Lumley any time soon. Manning once again one of our better players.

What a disappointment after the excitement of the seconf half against Wigan.
Lex Talionis........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just Back: woeful tonight

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:12 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:05 pm
Very disappointing all around tonight from the team and the management. We lost to a very limited team and deservedly so.

Goals looked like they could be a problem with the starting eleven and so it proved: Mlakar was hung out to dry as the lone striker with very little support, BOS looked disinterested and did nothing, Pugh looks way off match fitness to me and was knackered two thirds of the way through. Only Chair looked on his game but was hooked early in the second half which only made any sense if he was injured. Wells and Eze didn't do enough when they came on: Wells got a soft yellow and then was lucky not to get a second. Eze scored a 'goal' towards the end which took ages to be disallowed but 1-2 would've flattered us.

Matt Smith had a terrible game tonight: distribution was mainly appalling, a few wayward shots and he was weak in the tackle. When Cameron and Amos are back he should be way down the pecking order. Charlie Owens did alright but was pretty anonymous. I would've played Scowen.

With 20 minutes to go the score was 0-0 and surely we wanted to avoid the lottery of penalties: Hugill had spent 5 mins warming up so exeryone expected him to come on for Mlakar. Instead Warburton brought on Dominic Ball for a tired Pugh which was a crazy decision and cost us any chance of getting a result. Ball is a very limited footballer and offered nothing at all: immediately Leistner (who'd played well up until that point) gave a way a poor penalty and after that we never looked like doing anything. Barbet poor again, Kane not good, not convinced that Kelly is good enough to replace Lumley any time soon. Manning once again one of our better players.

Jesus duck was it that bad, you’ve made me feel like we are certs to go down this season after that report.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just Back: woeful tonight

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:48 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:12 pm
White Duck wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Jesus duck was it that bad, you’ve made me feel like we are certs to go down this season after that report.
Oh behave lala....

I paid to watch Warnock in his pomp take the p155 with disinterest in the self same cup years ago....

It seriously looked to me like it was going to penalties until Toni's faux pas....

The Pompey fans.... 1800 apparently had a lovely night in the bright lights and certainly were dominant singing wise.....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....