Just Back...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Just Back...

Post by Hoop'83 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am

A lot of big judgements on players being made based on one cup game. Maybe give some of these young lads a chance?
@kischmusic

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Hoop'83 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 am
A lot of big judgements on players being made based on one cup game. Maybe give some of these young lads a chance?
Not 'big judgements' just observations from those that have watched the players in a number of games and think some of the the squad are better than others.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Ball and Mlakar have played a couple of games apiece and are being written off as "back-up players at best". They seem like quite big judgements to me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:05 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 pm
Ball and Mlakar have played a couple of games apiece and are being written off as "back-up players at best". They seem like quite big judgements to me.
Well they have clearly been signed to be back up squad players and their selectiuons so far confirm this. If you are expecting Ball and Mlakar to play regularly this season then prepare to be disappointed.
Lex Talionis........

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:15 pm

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:05 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 pm
Well they have clearly been signed to be back up squad players and their selectiuons so far confirm this. If you are expecting Ball and Mlakar to play regularly this season then prepare to be disappointed.
Absolutely spot on.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Think Ux has got a point bit early to Bracket certain players “backup squad players” especially when lewihoop’s match report & player ratings pretty much damned every single player lastnight.

Sounds to me that most are still auditioning to be a starter.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:28 pm
Think Ux has got a point bit early to Bracket certain players “backup squad players” especially when lewihoop’s match report & player ratings pretty much damned every single player lastnight.

It's not just my report that damned every player. Look at what people who went said. Even the manager said it was unacceptable. It's not one isolated performance we seem to go missing for 45 minutes per game.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:49 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

It's not just my report that damned every player. Look at what people who went said. Even the manager said it was unacceptable. It's not one isolated performance we seem to go missing for 45 minutes per game.
Defo Lewi everyman & his dog have slammed last nights performance & if I was there I’d probably be doing the same.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

The manager said we were disappointing and didn't deserve to go through, which is fair enough.

Calling it abysmal and slagging off all and sundry is way over the top in my view. As is the notion that we go missing for 45 minutes per game. We're not even at the end of August, and already people are turning. You could set your watch by this stuff.

How much longer will you be giving Warburton before you demand he has to go ?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:22 pm

I suppose the old cliche “the manager doesn't know his best XI” will surface soon. Given that we are still in August and with such a huge influx of new men, I'd be surprised if he did.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:50 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

The manager said we were disappointing and didn't deserve to go through, which is fair enough.

Calling it abysmal and slagging off all and sundry is way over the top in my view. As is the notion that we go missing for 45 minutes per game. We're not even at the end of August, and already people are turning. You could set your watch by this stuff.

So what was your assessment of last night's performance then?
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Warburton has to go after last nights team selection, tactics and weak, illogical substitutions. I didn't pay fiver to watch us get rolled over by a third division team. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

It was nothing short of abysmal! Were you there? It's been an observation that we have gone missing for large periods of games. I've been to all home and away barring one this year. No one mentioned Warburton being under pressure or has to go apart from you. It's a fact that we lost the game to a league one team who outplayed us for much of the game. There was no plan B as people have said all season so far.

I don't think Warburton is in any danger at the moment. It is just pis*ing me off that we just throw cup games away every year and managers come here and try and say look at the positives. There's no positives in going out in round 1-3 every year.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Worst performance of the season so far.
I have been to all home matches and Bristol away and though we lost two of those matches, we always played or tried to.
Yesterday evening we did not play and we deserved nothing.
Sorry if I am being too critical.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm

I've been to every game so far, and I don't think we've been "abysmal" in any of them. We were pretty decent in the first half last night,but lost our way in the second, particularly after the substitutions. That said, I couldn't see us actually conceding until the penalty, and we then gave away a poor second goal that killed it off. Portsmouth lost in the playoff final last season and should be promotion contenders again. They also gave us two good games in the FA Cup, so they're no mugs. It's not like previous seasons where we've lost to the likes of Rochdale, Northampton and MK Dons in the first round.

We lost a couple of our best players in the summer, and have a new manager and a lot of new faces. It's bound to take time to come together, so kicking off at the whole team less than a month into the season makes no sense to me. We'll be inconsistent, as we have been for years, but hopefully we'll play good football and score goals along the way. A bit of patience might help.