Just Back...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Just Back...

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:11 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm
I've been to every game so far, and I don't think we've been "abysmal" in any of them. We were pretty decent in the first half last night,but lost our way in the second, particularly after the substitutions. That said, I couldn't see us actually conceding until the penalty, and we then gave away a poor second goal that killed it off. Portsmouth lost in the playoff final last season and should be promotion contenders again. They also gave us two good games in the FA Cup, so they're no mugs. It's not like previous seasons where we've lost to the likes of Rochdale, Northampton and MK Dons in the first round.

We lost a couple of our best players in the summer, and have a new manager and a lot of new faces. It's bound to take time to come together, so kicking off at the whole team less than a month into the season makes no sense to me. We'll be inconsistent, as we have been for years, but hopefully we'll play good football and score goals along the way. A bit of patience might help.
Yeah, that was what I meant to say :wink:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Worst performance of the season so far.
I have been to all home matches and Bristol away and though we lost two of those matches, we always played or tried to.
Yesterday evening we did not play and we deserved nothing.
Sorry if I am being too critical.
You're absolutely right and you're not being too critical.

The vast majority who were there last night would say we played very badly and deserved to lose. Only a couple of players did themselves justice. Hopefully both management and players can learn some things from the evening and we can get back to winning ways on Saturday: generally the start to the season has been decent enough.
Quite why some people need to get on their soapboxes when the team get some justified criticism after a very poor performance is beyond me: I guess some people don't like to read or hear opinions that are different to theirs.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:12 am

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm
The vast majority who were there last night would say we played very badly and deserved to lose. Only a couple of players did themselves justice. Hopefully both management and players can learn some things from the evening and we can get back to winning ways on Saturday: generally the start to the season has been decent enough.
Quite why some people need to get on their soapboxes when the team get some justified criticism after a very poor performance is beyond me: I guess some people don't like to read or hear opinions that are different to theirs.
There you go, speaking for "the vast majority" again. Yet anyone expressing a different view to yours is "getting on their soapbox". It seems to be you that doesn't like opposing points of view.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:40 am

LewiHoop wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 pm

It's not just my report that damned every player. Look at what people who went said. Even the manager said it was unacceptable. It's not one isolated performance we seem to go missing for 45 minutes per game.
The manager said we were disappointing and didn't deserve to go through, which is fair enough.

Calling it abysmal and slagging off all and sundry is way over the top in my view. As is the notion that we go missing for 45 minutes per game. We're not even at the end of August, and already people are turning. You could set your watch by this stuff.

How much longer will you be giving Warburton before you demand he has to go ?
It was nothing short of abysmal! Were you there? It's been an observation that we have gone missing for large periods of games. I've been to all home and away barring one this year. No one mentioned Warburton being under pressure or has to go apart from you. It's a fact that we lost the game to a league one team who outplayed us for much of the game. There was no plan B as people have said all season so far.

I don't think Warburton is in any danger at the moment. It is just pis*ing me off that we just throw cup games away every year and managers come here and try and say look at the positives. There's no positives in going out in round 1-3 every year.
I've not heard anyone at a game say that there was no Plan B - that was a comment made by Glasgow Rangers Fans I believe about MW's time there - in fact the opposite has been true in all of our league games where he has actually impressed us by making changes early enough in games to try to make a difference.

Unlike his most recent predecessors those changes have not been simply to replace like for like but to try different formations to change the game.

I for one am very happy with what he has done to date apart from this one slip where things clearly did not work.

He has not tried to hide that it was poor - just think back to our last two managers who, after games like that were telling us that it was much better than we had realised, now that did rankle, so to have a manager who holds his hands up to a poor performance is a good start.
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:51 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:12 am
White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm
There you go, speaking for "the vast majority" again. Yet anyone expressing a different view to yours is "getting on their soapbox". It seems to be you that doesn't like opposing points of view.
When I say the 'vast majority' I base it on the people I was with, the fans around me and pretty much all the 'just backs' I've read on the various forums, social media and press reports. I also base it on what Mark Warburton said after the game which you clearly haven't bothered to listen to. I doubt you went to the game but good for you having an opinion regardless.
Lex Talionis........

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 pm

So if I have a different view to yours, I can't have been at the game. What an open-minded fellow you are.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 pm

After several years of being absent from the dotorg, I recently contacted DG and asked him to reactivate my account.

I'm starting to remember now why I stayed away in the first place :(
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Welcome back FrenchRanger. Bad timing that you came-back after a defeat. Warburton is useless and we are nailed on for relegation :lol:

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm

FrenchRanger wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 pm
After several years of being absent from the dotorg, I recently contacted DG and asked him to reactivate my account.

Know the feeling fella. A few on here are on!y happy when they take out their frustrations on other supporters. Try and stick with it though...as they are thankfully only a small minority :)
Last edited by Damien on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LewiHoop » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
FrenchRanger wrote:

Know the feeling fella. A few on here arson!y happy when they take out their frustrations on other supporters. Try and stick with it though...as they are thankfully only a small minority :)
I wasn't taking it out on other fans. They were facts from that night. Absolutely buzzing with todays result. Atleast i go to the games to give my opinions on what happens! I pay my money and say what i see.

Massive credit to MW for changing it up and going to the formation that turned it around against Wigan. A great result at Hillsborough!!! Well done the lads. In particularly Hugil!!! Lets get what we all want - consistency!!! U rrrs.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:36 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
FrenchRanger wrote:

Know the feeling fella. A few on here arson!y happy when they take out their frustrations on other supporters. Try and stick with it though...as they are thankfully only a small minority :)
I wasn't taking it out on other fans. They were facts from that night. Absolutely buzzing with todays result. Atleast i go to the games to give my opinions on what happens! I pay my money and say what i see.

Massive credit to MW for changing it up and going to the formation that turned it around against Wigan. A great result at Hillsborough!!! Well done the lads. In particularly Hugil!!! Lets get what we all want - consistency!!! U rrrs.
I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick there Lewi :oops: I wasn't referring to you :P