New rules for 2019 / 2020

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

New rules for 2019 / 2020

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 am

Noticed someone query the QPR players in the "wall" for Eze's free kick on a different post....

They were behind the actual "wall" with a Wigan player in close attendence... Possibly to block the goalies view...

No attacking player can stand in a defensive wall with three defenders in it this season...

Quite clever counter acting this by us...

Other points to be aware of....

Manning had a "head injury" in the box during the first half when Wigan were attacking our goal.... The ref stopped play while the ball was still in the area and in Wigan's possession.....

When he was treated the drop ball in the goal area now goes directly to the goalie.....

The Wigan players weren't happy with this but it is the rules now.... was it cynical? You decide....

If the ref had stopped play when Wigan were out of the box it would have gone to them (last touch rule)....

Finally goalkicks ....

If the goalie fcuks up with a shortpass as long as the attackers are outside the box when it's taken.... It's fairgame and no retake is allowed if the ball is in play......
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: New rules for 2019 / 2020

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:44 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 am

Manning had a "head injury" in the box during the first half when Wigan were attacking our goal.... The ref stopped play while the ball was still in the area and in Wigan's possession.....

When he was treated the drop ball in the goal area now goes directly to the goalie.....

The Wigan players weren't happy with this but it is the rules now.... was it cynical? You decide....
Manning knew exactly what he was doing there. I know the purists here wont like the cynicism but Manning is a very intelligent player and becoming my favourite. You can see him do this sort of thing all the time, he knows exactly were to position himself to get a foul and take the sting out of an attack. He plays like he's 10 years more experienced. While we're all raving about Eze and Chair, Manning is quietly going about the business of making himself the first name on the team sheet.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 am

Lee Gib wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:44 am

Manning knew exactly what he was doing there. I know the purists here wont like the cynicism but Manning is a very intelligent player and becoming my favourite. You can see him do this sort of thing all the time, he knows exactly were to position himself to get a foul and take the sting out of an attack. He plays like he's 10 years more experienced. While we're all raving about Eze and Chair, Manning is quietly going about the business of making himself the first name on the team sheet.
...when we got him from Galway he was voted "Best Young Irish Player of the Year"....it was a promising prize...

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:11 am

Lee Gib wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:44 am
Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 am

I first noted that with Manning last season, he knows how to buy a free kick. As soon as he went down in front of us on Saturday I turned to the guy behind me and said "He'll be up and running around with no problems in a few minutes" I am a little uncomfortable with it but it isn't as bad as Lumley's time wasting last season and we have had had much worse shithousery done to us over the seasons so I won't be getting up on my high horse about it.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks for that systemsguy. I must admit I find myself yearning for the days when football rules were simple, but at least we don't have to put up with VAR.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 am

dm wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 am
Thanks for that systemsguy. I must admit I find myself yearning for the days when football rules were simple, but at least we don't have to put up with VAR.
We may have won 5-1 on Saturday if we did :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 pm

The depressing thing is that managers and players seem to have a bottomless well of methods of cheating. New rules may be well intentioned but seem to be poorly thought through. It's really down to the refs to run the game properly but possibly because they have 22 potential cheats on the field, they can't pass muster.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Some rule changes are actually common sense....

Goal kicks for instance stops time wasting with restarts etc....

One player allowed in the opposition half at kickoff...

Choice of kickoff or ends now...

Drop ball ruling is again common sense ...

but as you wrote the head injury ruling opens up a can of worms....

Refs are damned if they do stop and its just a ploy to slow play or stop it....

They play on and it is serious they get damned if they don't....

Shithousery is alive and well in 2019 .... but remember this when you slate that ref at the next match....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am

222gers wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 pm
The depressing thing is that managers and players seem to have a bottomless well of methods of cheating. New rules may be well intentioned but seem to be poorly thought through. It's really down to the refs to run the game properly but possibly because they have 22 potential cheats on the field, they can't pass muster.
I hate most of the time-wasting, including when it is a QPR player doing it. We should NOT accept it. Faking injury is particularly irritating. On the other hand, trying to keep possession in a 'low risk' area of the field is perfectly acceptable - the game is not stopped and the attempt to 'run down the clock' requires footballing skill, rather than acting.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:50 am

Manning got clattered, even if he did exaggerate. Not that unreasonable considering.
I thought it was a bit much when we didn't give the ball back, though.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am
222gers wrote:
I hate most of the time-wasting, including when it is a QPR player doing it. We should NOT accept it. Faking injury is particularly irritating. On the other hand, trying to keep possession in a 'low risk' area of the field is perfectly acceptable - the game is not stopped and the attempt to 'run down the clock' requires footballing skill, rather than acting.
One thing I would love to see is a rule that if a free kick is given against your team, you cannot touch the ball until that kick has been taken. No kicking, throwing, knocking it away, and you must retreat 10 yards immediately. Otherwise it's an automatic yellow card. All teams do it to break up the flow of the game and it often results in a flash point with pushing and shoving from players on both sides.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:51 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am
kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am
222gers wrote:
One thing I would love to see is a rule that if a free kick is given against your team, you cannot touch the ball until that kick has been taken. No kicking, throwing, knocking it away, and you must retreat 10 yards immediately. Otherwise it's an automatic yellow card. All teams do it to break up the flow of the game and it often results in a flash point with pushing and shoving from players on both sides.
Excellent point and so easy to implement so clearly not for consideration.