Eze - from the BBC gossip page

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Eze - from the BBC gossip page

Post by n22hoop » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:49 am

Southampton are monitoring QPR's 21-year-old forward Eberechi Eze before a potential January bid for the Englishman. (Sun on Sunday).
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

ZENITH R

Re: Eze - from the BBC gossip page

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:59 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:49 am
Southampton are monitoring QPR's 21-year-old forward Eberechi Eze before a potential January bid for the Englishman. (Sun on Sunday).
His performances are always going to attract attention ... but - we need to make sure if he goes we don't give him away, like we did Charlie Austin. Any fee should start at £10 million cash (minimum) and negotiate up from there.

Having said that ... he would be better staying at Rangers and developing into the player we all know he can be.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:27 am

I said this after Stoke and got shot down for making a negative point after a positive result.

Our board will be happy to take the first decentish offer we receive, I’d be surprised if we got more than 3-5m for him.

We’ve got him for atleast another 4 months but it’s inevitable that if he keeps performing they’ll be swarming round him come jan waving the reddies.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:44 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:27 am
I said this after Stoke and got shot down for making a negative point after a positive result.

Our board will be happy to take the first decentish offer we receive, I’d be surprised if we got more than 3-5m for him.

We’ve got him for atleast another 4 months but it’s inevitable that if he keeps performing they’ll be swarming round him come jan waving the reddies.
The difference will be that we currently have our finances on target and the prospect of it becoming easier over the next two seasons so QPR will have a stronger bargaining position than we did when we needed the money desperately. I wouldn't be surprised if, providing the performances are maintained, a few of our prospects are offered longer, enhanced contracts in Nov/ Dec in preparation for the vultures circling. Eze, Chair & BOS on 5 year contracts would attract more than £5m from Prem teams. All would be eligible t play for England too after residency criteria are met as none of them have full international appearances against them. With the regulations on overseas players, this would also enhance their values.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am

Can't stop gossip but can't see Saint's mugging us off ala Charlie Austin.... We know everyone has a selling price at the club but the sale of Freeman surely has negated an urgent need to cash in...

If his form continues his value will increase with more interested clubs wanting him.....

Let's be honest you have to see where we are in the league when the transfer window opens, if we are still sniffing around the top half, do you cash in or twist that a bigger prize could be available....

Let's enjoy this instead of worrying 4 /'5 months from now as a week or in our case 45 minutes is a long time in football it seems.... 😃
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:47 am
Can't stop gossip but can't see Saint's mugging us off ala Charlie Austin.... We know everyone has a selling price at the club but the sale of Freeman surely has negated an urgent need to cash in...

If his form continues his value will increase with more interested clubs wanting him.....

Let's be honest you have to see where we are in the league when the transfer window opens, if we are still sniffing around the top half, do you cash in or twist that a bigger prize could be available....

Let's enjoy this instead of worrying 4 /'5 months from now as a week or in our case 45 minutes is a long time in football it seems.... 😃
Agree with all this. He's young, too, which adds to his potential value. If he keeps playing like this, Premiership clubs will be interested. We just have to get used to that. He's done something pretty special in every game so far this season, so let's enjoy the ride. If he gets a big move, good luck to him. It shows we're on the right track for once.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:18 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:

We’ve got him for atleast another 4 months but it’s inevitable that if he keeps performing they’ll be swarming round him come jan waving the reddies
Well surely that increases your stated 3-5M

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm

...it is normal that a young, creative player might drag the attention of the Premier clubs....these are the kind of players that the fans love watching.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:48 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:18 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

We’ve got him for atleast another 4 months but it’s inevitable that if he keeps performing they’ll be swarming round him come jan waving the reddies
We under sell our players 99% of the time, we fall on the wrong side of a deal 99% of the time, we rarely get market value for our players 99% of the time.

I don’t expect the Eze situation to be any different, if you think we will get in the region of 10-15m like Swansea sold there two young promising players for then your in dream land, anything near 5m gets put on the table & our incompetent predictably brain dead board will sell.

Of course it’s all pie in the sky who knows how Eze will pan out from now until Jan, but with our track record in selling players I’ll be amazed if we get anywhere near what fans estimate Eze to be worth.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:08 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:48 pm
QPR_John wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

We under sell our players 99% of the time, we fall on the wrong side of a deal 99% of the time, we rarely get market value for our players 99% of the time.

I don’t expect the Eze situation to be any different, if you think we will get in the region of 10-15m like Swansea sold there two young promising players for then your in dream land, anything near 5m gets put on the table & our incompetent predictably brain dead board will sell.

Of course it’s all pie in the sky who knows how Eze will pan out from now until Jan, but with our track record in selling players I’ll be amazed if we get anywhere near what fans estimate Eze to be worth.
We got about £5m for Freeman which I think most QPR fans thought was decent money.
Lex Talionis........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:08 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

We got about £5m for Freeman which I think most QPR fans thought was decent money.
It was derisory duck.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm

We'll have to disagree Lala....

Freeman only fetched that price as he signed an extension and there was only one buyer interested.... Same as Smithies

It was a fair price for a 28yo?
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm
We'll have to disagree Lala....

Freeman only fetched that price as he signed an extension and there was only one buyer interested.... Same as Smithies

It was a fair price for a 28yo?
Top championship performer in his prime 5m was under market value, Sheff Utd broke there transfer record 3 times after signing Freeman all for players that nobody else was interested in, one was 10m for a striker that had scored 3 goals in 58 games.

Anyway I’m in support of the team I’m optimistic & getting the buzz back & actually wanting to go games this season, I’m sure we’ll have tougher days than Wigan home but I’m pleased with what the gaffer & lads are trying.

As for the board & transfer / managerial dealings well that’s another subject that isn’t worth the airtime especially after a 3-1 home win on a bank holiday weekend.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:04 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:08 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

With respect to the Freeman sale I have to say that everyone at the club associated with the acquisition and development of Chair (and the player himself) have done a bloody good job.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:18 pm

..which will inevitably in the near future raise similar speculation around Chair. I personally rate him as highly as Eze.
Staff Benda Bilili