Toni Leistner

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Toni Leistner

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:51 pm

I felt that second half was built by his introduction to the defence.... Not sure if it was a back three or sweeper system with wingbacks...

Lumley looked so more confident with him in front of him.... Not pretty but very Richard Dunne like...

It just worked.... Best half of football I've seen at QPR for a very longtime...

First half ? Don't go there with them nearly 2 up in the first 10...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Toni Leistner

Post by QPR_John » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:51 pm
I felt that second half was built by his introduction to the defence.... Not sure if it was a back three or sweeper system with wingbacks...

Lumley looked so more confident with him in front of him.... Not pretty but very Richard Dunne like...

It just worked.... Best half of football I've seen at QPR for a very longtime...

First half ? Don't go there with them nearly 2 up in the first 10...
Agree 100% about Leistner. No matter how much football you want to play on the ground in this division you need somebody prepared to get their head to the ball.

JHC

Post by JHC » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Agree with all of this. It was a great adjustment. After Leistner came in and we went to the 3 at the back we looked much more solid. Seems like this might be worth repeating. Thought Ball played very well and made a difference over Cameron.

To be fair, we were not playing Bristol City or Swansea.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:51 pm

The 352 formation worked well in the second half and it countered Wigan's set up, as it did against Brizzle in the cup. Perhaps Warburton should consider using it more.

So much for tales of Warburton not having a plan B.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:56 pm

It worked an absolute dream.

Credit to Leistner for coming in and making such an impact, and credit Warburton for switching to a back three.

I thought we were superb second half. Very promising.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:00 pm

I’m near the dugout this season and I love how MW is so interactive with the players.... telling them to push up for instance ..

One other thing..... loved watching Eze tracking back today.... really impressed with his commitment so far this season
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:02 pm

In the first half we were trying to work the ball out from the back EVERY time and in doing so frequently put ourselves under pressure as Wigan saw what we were doing and closed us down which ended up with us losing the ball in our own half.

Lumley does not look comfortable doing this and several times gave the ball to a player immediately under pressure or ending with a frantic kick out to the wings which ended in the stands!

Toni came on and we stopped a lot of the sideways and backwards balls and then we seemed to have more room to get proper control.
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:28 am

One thing that's really impressed me about Warburton is that he makes changes/subs early. No hanging about until the 75th minute and then forlornly chucking on a striker. Complete change of system at half time, Toni on and it worked an absolute treat. Bodes well.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 pm

...he is a solid, strong player so i would always pick him for "my defense"....