Wigan

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Wigan

Post by White Duck » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:01 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:38 am
BOS is certainly a handful and really worries defences. But can you point to any actual product this season? Of course the threat he poses is a factor but you don't win games by being threatening alone. He needs to be chalking up assists and goals so must improve his final ball and scoring.
Absolutely right. If he can add shooting and crossing to the pace and directness he has then he'll be a great player. With options such as Chair and Pugh playing so well on Wednesday then I'd put him on the bench for Saturday. Those supporters who are over-sensitive to any perceived criticism of the players need to realise we have a half decent squad (especially going forward) and we need to rotate where necessary.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:13 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:21 pm
He set the first goal up at Stoke, our only victory so far.
You're quite right. I'd forgotten that one. It was a good assist and he's clearly capable of producing many more. I really don't want to see him ending up as Hoilet mk 2 at QPR.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Hopefully all involved will remain calm - early stages for the team and its system and style of play, and we pretty fluent at times for a team which is playing a new system with new personnel and management.

Bristol City showed they are decent enough to take a good tally of points in this league, and we were arguably the better side on the day. Had enough of the game against Swansea too who had players like Baston, Ayew and others amongst their ranks - Swansea coach commented that he was happy to play us at that point, thinking that once we clicked KPFS would be a very difficult place to take points away from.

I like MW alot from what I have seen so far - as good a manager as I have seen at KPFS for communicating his view and points across, and you can link his comments to what you see on the pitch.

It would be a shame if a combination of fans and the owners again cut short what I think could be a potentially great project for this club.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:21 pm
Tough crowd.
Crowd?? naughty
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:57 am

We’ve played Wigan 9 times at home in our history.

Won 7
Drawn 2
Lost 1

Won the last four in a row at home against them.

Wigan have lost 17 of their most recent 23 away matches in the Championship, winning just once (P23 W1 D5 L17) failing to score in 11 of those games.

So history & stats are on our side for a change, let’s get the 3 points & the feel good factor back.

Don Gibbons
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Don Gibbons » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:28 am

Nothing can go wrong now

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:34 am

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:23 am
Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am
....drop Barbet, Amos and Smith and bring on Chair, BFG and Wells.
Agree with Chair coming in 100% but not the other two. Too early to give up on Barbet IMO: although the penalty was nailed on the initial fault was the fact the Swansea player breezed past two of our players on the left (Manning and Pugh) with no challenges to get into the area far too easily. Also our defence will be overrun if we have BOS, Wells, Eze, Chair and Hugill starting. I would consider Pugh instead of BOS starting with BOS coming on later. If Amos isn't fit then start with Scowen who isn't in the best of form but offers more at both ends of the pitch than Smith.
Agree with Duck. Barbet has certainly been shakey but i think we persevere. I like BFG but he has limitations and we saw last season he can't play in any sort of system where we play out from the back. He looks the part when we're under pressure with balls into the box but i think overall Barbet has more to his game and we should be patient.

Agree again on being overrun, i think you also need to have some plan b options off the bench that can turn a game. So i'd keep Wells for that and possibly BOS, i'm a fan but he will really scare defenders coming on late and that might buy him a little time to deliver a slightly better ball. I'm a fan but i do think Pugh has that little bit of better touch and we should see what he can do too, even if BOS is someone for the future.

I'd like to see Ball in the side if one of the defensive midfielders is out. I'm not quite ready to give up on Smith yet either. I'd rather see what he can do over Scowen at this point.

Do we know if Amos and Cameron are definitely out?

QPR_Dan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by QPR_Dan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Sounds like Cameron and Amos injured.
Hugill rested.
Ball, Wells in.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Bright dropped to the bench. Bit surprised at that one

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm
Bright dropped to the bench. Bit surprised at that one
He's been good but it's probably the most rotatable position so good to give him a break and give Pugh a start.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Oh dear...0-1 within 2 minutes.

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:09 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:57 am
We’ve played Wigan 9 times at home in our history.

Won 7
Drawn 2
Lost 1
I didn't read any further than this ;)
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:28 pm

Maths was never my strong point aniwall

FrenchRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by FrenchRanger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:54 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:28 pm
Maths was never my strong point aniwall
:lol:
Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld