Wigan

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Wigan

Post by Danish Ranger » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 am

The Wigan game has - in my opinion - now become, if not a must win game then a must not lose game

The absolutely awful home record from last season must be stopped asap and it would be nice if we could avoid the expected melt down in case we fail to win on Saturday

I expect MW will stick with the line up with Chair coming in in sted of Amos

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Wigan

Post by 222gers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:33 am

A defeat against a seemingly very poor Wigan team would certainly have the crowd in high dudgeon although not a disaster so early in the season.
The portents are good though - I believe it was a victory, albeit rather a rather fortunate one, at home to Wigan that set us up on a goodish run that lasted up until Christmas last season. Given that we are always likely to concede, I'll go for 2-1 to us.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am

....drop Barbet, Amos and Smith and bring on Chair, BFG and Wells.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:23 am

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am
....drop Barbet, Amos and Smith and bring on Chair, BFG and Wells.
Agree with Chair coming in 100% but not the other two. Too early to give up on Barbet IMO: although the penalty was nailed on the initial fault was the fact the Swansea player breezed past two of our players on the left (Manning and Pugh) with no challenges to get into the area far too easily. Also our defence will be overrun if we have BOS, Wells, Eze, Chair and Hugill starting. I would consider Pugh instead of BOS starting with BOS coming on later. If Amos isn't fit then start with Scowen who isn't in the best of form but offers more at both ends of the pitch than Smith.
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 am
The Wigan game has - in my opinion - now become, if not a must win game then a must not lose game

The absolutely awful home record from last season must be stopped asap and it would be nice if we could avoid the expected melt down in case we fail to win on Saturday

I expect MW will stick with the line up with Chair coming in in sted of Amos
nailonhead

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:09 pm

It will be interesting to see if Leistner replaces Barbet on Saturday. He's played all 5 games this month so might be due a rest, and perhaps should be reminded that he needs to up his game.

Amos has a suspected hammy as has Cameron so there will be two different players in the deep 2 - out of Scowen, Ball and Smith I suspect.

I wonder if Pugh should start ahead of BOS, who also should be reminded he's not irreplaceable. The lad is great in his approach work but there's no end product and he has to change that.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:35 pm

I wouldn't be too surprised if he stuck with Hall & Barbet but introduced Masterson and moved Manning forward to take Amos' spot. Ball or Owens to take over from Cameron is also another possibility.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:35 pm
I wouldn't be too surprised if he stuck with Hall & Barbet but introduced Masterson and moved Manning forward to take Amos' spot. Ball or Owens to take over from Cameron is also another possibility.
Masterson has played no minutes at all this season and hardly been on the bench so he won't be thrown in.
Lex Talionis........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 pm

White Duck wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:23 am
Agree with Chair coming in 100% but not the other two. Too early to give up on Barbet IMO: although the penalty was nailed on the initial fault was the fact the Swansea player breezed past two of our players on the left (Manning and Pugh) with no challenges to get into the area far too easily. Also our defence will be overrun if we have BOS, Wells, Eze, Chair and Hugill starting. I would consider Pugh instead of BOS starting with BOS coming on later. If Amos isn't fit then start with Scowen who isn't in the best of form but offers more at both ends of the pitch than Smith.
...my point of dropping Barbet, or at least giving him a rest, is not coming from the penalty....at least not only from the penalty.

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 am

I thought BOS was superb the other night, am I the only one?
@kischmusic

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am

Hoop'83 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 am
I thought BOS was superb the other night, am I the only one?
Agree. He was a real handful for the Swansea defence. I feel he is really coming alive this season. He just needs te become a bit more effective in the box and we have a gem. I would certainly keep him in the side for now.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:38 am

BOS is certainly a handful and really worries defences. But can you point to any actual product this season? Of course the threat he poses is a factor but you don't win games by being threatening alone. He needs to be chalking up assists and goals so must improve his final ball and scoring.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:21 pm

Tough crowd.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:21 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:38 am
BOS is certainly a handful and really worries defences. But can you point to any actual product this season? Of course the threat he poses is a factor but you don't win games by being threatening alone. He needs to be chalking up assists and goals so must improve his final ball and scoring.
He set the first goal up at Stoke, our only victory so far.

Played a nice one two with Chair the other night, quite simple but still the build up to a goal.

He’s raw but I’d have him in the team all day.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:43 pm

I would drop Eze because he was lazy last season.