Changes ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Changes ?

Post by 222gers » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:52 pm

Anyone expecting changes to tomorrow's line up ? I haven't seen any games yet but from reports the team seems to be playing good football, so I'd stick with the same XI. I guess some would like to see Kane, Wells and Kelly play. What thoughts chaps ?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Changes ?

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:04 pm

..I have see two matches by now and I can tell that we are playing some nice football - Bristol did not have an idea of what was going on for the first 30 minutes - but we do not finalize our ball passing and possession. That's the real problem.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Warburton has said several times he will use the squad. Last week's fizzy pop game against Brizzle was evidence of that and showed we have good enough quality in the squad to keep the standard of play high when making changes.

So, with games coming thick and fast, I'd expect some changes. Perhaps give Barbet a rest and use Leistner, have Wells start and bench Hugill, and maybe go for it by giving Chair a chance in the middle of the attacking 3.

Selection will, of course, be determined by Warburton's tactics as well.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 pm

I think Kane for Rangel, Chair for Smith (With Amos dropping deeper) and Wells for Hugill. Saw something that Hugill had the most shots of anyone in the Championship on Saturday so let's see if Wells does better with conversions!

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 pm
I think Kane for Rangel, Chair for Smith (With Amos dropping deeper) and Wells for Hugill. Saw something that Hugill had the most shots of anyone in the Championship on Saturday so let's see if Wells does better with conversions!
As its Swansea I would keep Rangel in the side and bring in Kane on Saturday. Would play Chair instead of Smith as we are at home but keep Hugill.
Lex Talionis........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:04 pm

...also on Saturday Chair, once came in, was the most lively and dangerous R player...he pointed to the goal and shot as soon as he had a chance... would like to see him in the starting 11....

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Just for the record, the game v Swansea is Wednesday evening, not tomorrow (ie Tuesday).

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 pm

IJM wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:08 pm
Just for the record, the game v Swansea is Wednesday evening, not tomorrow (ie Tuesday).
Pssst!! Someone oughta tell Essox, he's got previous, ya know. :D
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:51 am

I think we will play the same team as vs Huddersfield, but with Kane at right back.

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 am

dm wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:15 pm
Warburton has said several times he will use the squad. Last week's fizzy pop game against Brizzle was evidence of that and showed we have good enough quality in the squad to keep the standard of play high when making changes.

So, with games coming thick and fast, I'd expect some changes. Perhaps give Barbet a rest and use Leistner, have Wells start and bench Hugill, and maybe go for it by giving Chair a chance in the middle of the attacking 3.

Agreed, with all/most of last year's "stars" gone we appear to have a squad that are all in contention for a starting place which is great. I like the idea of a fast paced game where we're able to replace with the same quality at 60/70 minutes. With the games coming, as you say, thick and fast surely thats the best way to compete in the championship, large squad, everyone plays, everyones fresh and ready for it.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:36 am

deepseahoop wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 am
dm wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Agreed, with all/most of last year's "stars" gone we appear to have a squad that are all in contention for a starting place which is great. I like the idea of a fast paced game where we're able to replace with the same quality at 60/70 minutes. With the games coming, as you say, thick and fast surely thats the best way to compete in the championship, large squad, everyone plays, everyones fresh and ready for it.
I am still amazed that Warburton has assembled this squad on half a shoestring while banking around £8m from player sales and reducing wages at the same time. It's not a Championship winning squad by any means but it is a genuine improvement on the past three or four seasons. Given our financial position that's a remarkable achievement.