League cup vs Bristol C

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: League cup vs Bristol C

Post by Satch » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am
Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Kelly

Kane
Leistner
Masterson (if fit)
Hämäläinen

Ball
Smith

Shodipo
Chair
Pugh

Mlakar (If fit)

Barbet and Wells to come in if those two are not fit.

Credit to the club, if you'd offered me that as our first choice 11 a few weeks ago i'd have taken it.
That's too Ollie-esk for my liking (11 starting changes) too many shades of Brentford in the league cup a couple of seasons back...

Kelly for Lumley,

would rest Hall and Rangel...

Scowen instead of Smith

and Wells instead of Shodipo...

Formation 4 4 2
As other's have said, why change the system? He's he got one he wants to play and he needs every player to be familiar with it's iterations. I'd rather protect players that have long seasons ahead and make sure the fringe players are in the best possible position to win. I don't want to dampen the competitive ethos but realistically the tournament is a waste of time for us at the moment. We need to survive in the championship first and foremost.

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I'd take that further, why change the team not just the system. We've got a pretty much brand new team who need time to gel and get used to sed system. We didn't have many preseason games so they shouldn't exactly be tired. Id play a full strength side tonight personally.
@kischmusic

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Hoop'83 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:40 pm
I'd take that further, why change the team not just the system. We've got a pretty much brand new team who need time to gel and get used to sed system. We didn't have many preseason games so they shouldn't exactly be tired. Id play a full strength side tonight personally.
This.

These are young men at the height of fitness. 2 games a week shouldn't phase them at all.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 pm

As much as I agree with you.... A 46 game season needs more than just a starting 11 and a bench..

You need to feel the team can cope without the likes of Cameron, Rangel, Hall et al if injured....

It seems amazing that MW has seemingly in a summer created competition for all positions in the team...

Surely he has a selection headache after last night with the likes of Wells and Chair's performances ...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....