Support on Saturday...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Support on Saturday...

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm

...I think the support from the crowd was good on Saturday, roaring and backing the players especially in the final, when the fans were really the 12th man...! Even the guys seated around me got noisy, something that I have not seen happening often.....
I was pretty delighted as on the recent seasons the support has not been very "special and noisy"....
I guess that the effort and the commitment showed by the guys on the pitch contributed ....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Support on Saturday...

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm
...I think the support from the crowd was good on Saturday, roaring and backing the players especially in the final, when the fans were really the 12th man...! Even the guys seated around me got noisy, something that I have not seen happening often.....
I was pretty delighted as on the recent seasons the support has not been very "special and noisy"....
I guess that the effort and the commitment showed by the guys on the pitch contributed ....
I strained my voicebox halfway through the second half and could barely speak after a raucous "Come on you R's". I may be out for two games LOL. It still hurts to swallow even now. Dave said I should have done plenty of vocal warm ups before the game :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:19 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:48 pm
I strained my voicebox halfway through the second half and could barely speak after a raucous "Come on you R's". I may be out for two games LOL. It still hurts to swallow even now. Dave said I should have done plenty of vocal warm ups before the game :lol: :lol: :lol:
..I usually consume a half packet of Strepsil on each match.....and apart for chanting I swear a lot ...in Italian !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:07 pm

We said the same coming home too... Was lovely to see the ground in full voice again.

Long may it continue!
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Looking forward to a vintage vocal performance away from home on Saturday!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm
We lost 11 home games last season and if you're seeing that regularly the patrons ain't gonna be
hospitable to the team.

If that happens this season (doesn't look like it so far) then the atmosphere will again be as flat
as a pancake... simple as that.
Staff Benda Bilili