Changing places....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Changing places....

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 am

Been sat in R Block for the last 10 years with my son...

He now likes attending with his mates so didn't renew his season ticket and only got him a membership instead....

As I only wanted a single seat I switched to the paddock this season near the team dugouts.....

Pros and cons

Within a minute of kicking off my newly bought rain poncho was opened and on! (When contemplating the switch it was the first thing I thought I might require although I didn't expect to use it this soon!).

It really was strange watching from the other side as previously I could view the linos performance and the offsides from Ellerslie.... I watched the game more than the officials

MW really is very interactive with the players during the match and when we went 1 down made a tactical change quickly where previously Ollie and Schteve took an age to act and bring subs on....

Other bonuses.... Quicker in the ground and some decent leg room!
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Changing places....

Post by Montag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 am

I sit in the Paddock near you in the front row. Was in two minds about the poncho yesterday but opted to take it. Glad I did. 3pm on the dot the clouds opened up. Aside from the rain hazard, I think it's the best place to sit in the ground. Quick to the loos, the catering and exit and entry. You really feel part of the action.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 am

I've pretty much spent forever in Ellerslie Road: never sat in Paddocks. Don't mind the occasional visit to Lower Loft for cup games but won't do South Africa Road anymore due to the horrendous lack of legroom for tall geezers.
Lex Talionis........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:10 pm

..in my "early years" at LR I used to go to SA road stands and Ellerslie rd....with the prob sometimes to have the pillars obstructing the view...
then later still same places having the Membership card...till my wife gifted me with a ticket for a Spurs match in the Upper Loft...
wwoooowwwww..that was a revelation to me...great view, no pillars, ok not much about off-sides but watching how the squad
is set on the pitch and it moves....Loved it and never changed ...since 2012 and getting the season ticket for the last 5 years...

ah..yes...I forgot to mention the "leg space"...not that much actually :lol: :lol:

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Leg room in Ellerslie is awful too. I'm still convinced if they replaced the seat backs with ones without a "lip" at the back, things would improve dramatically.
@kischmusic

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 am
I sit in the Paddock near you in the front row. Was in two minds about the poncho yesterday but opted to take it. Glad I did. 3pm on the dot the clouds opened up. Aside from the rain hazard, I think it's the best place to sit in the ground. Quick to the loos, the catering and exit and entry. You really feel part of the action.
Montag no doubt we'll chat at some point..... Looked like a lot of long term season ticket holders in that section.....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:45 pm

On the plus side....the soap in the toilet never run out !! ( R Block) :D