Ilias Chair

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Ilias Chair

Post by dm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am

Chair's time has almost arrived. He played 40 minutes and, far from looking out of place, he changed the game. He may well be the player to replace Scowen who, for the second match running, did not look comfortable with the new style of play.

I'd like to see him start on Tuesday night in the middle of the 3. Eze now seems fine playing wider and the front three is pretty fluid anyway. BOS is an out and out wide player. Who'd have thought a few years ago we would see a front 3 consisting of youngsters that we'd developed? Happy days.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Ilias Chair

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am

dm wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am
Chair's time has almost arrived. He played 40 minutes and, far from looking out of place, he changed the game. He may well be the player to replace Scowen who, for the second match running, did not look comfortable with the new style of play.

I'd like to see him start on Tuesday night in the middle of the 3. Eze now seems fine playing wider and the front three is pretty fluid anyway. BOS is an out and out wide player. Who'd have thought a few years ago we would see a front 3 consisting of youngsters that we'd developed? Happy days.
Happy days indeed DM. I just hope that when the almost inevitable downturn in form comes with them that fans remember the good times and support them to get back into form.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:14 pm

...Chair was very lively and active and gave them some problems on their left side...I would like to see him in the starting eleven and I
remember that he can shoot in goal, having watched some nice goals when he was on loan last season...
Yesterday he went near to score and honestly when I saw the ball coming I thought that it was going in...

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Was definitely impressed with Chair, can't remember seeing a player show for the ball as much as he did yesterday. Was determined to make an impact and I think he did, hats off.
@kischmusic

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am
dm wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am

Happy days indeed DM. I just hope that when the almost inevitable downturn in form comes with them that fans remember the good times and support them to get back into form.
Have to admit the last two games have brightened the thought of a return to work on Wednesday.... Even thinking about attending the cup game on Tuesday!

and the bitching about Furlong's transfer and Smyth's loan seems to have faded away when we had 4 promising home grown players on the pitch at the same time on Saturday ....

Happy daze indeed... :D
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 pm

This lad sounds exciting. If him and Eze can add a few more goals to their undoubted talent - we could be in for a better experience than last season :)

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Just to add some perspective, I went to the final Stevenage home game of last season and he was pretty anonymous in that day, but do agree, he looked lively yesterday.

guyrob07

Post by guyrob07 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Made a great impact off the bench, such a low centre of gravity has the beating of most championship defenders one on one. His first step is very quick. He’s stronger than I imagined fended off a few 50/50’s. I was really impressed by MW and his timing of substitutions for years now I’ve watched qpr and the subs would always come too late in the day to make a real impact. A starting role against Bristol city in the league cup for sure.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 pm

But if he gets a reputation for pulling the strings will he have the ability to deal with being targeted ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:52 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 pm
But if he gets a reputation for pulling the strings will he have the ability to deal with being targeted ?
Well, time will tell but, despite being 5' 6", he's quite stocky and looks pretty tough. In fact, he can deal it out a bit too. I think he'll be fine in that respect.

Soops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Soops » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Also, teams started doubling up on Eze last year, so there's only so many players they can double up on without leaving space for others!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Soops wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Also, teams started doubling up on Eze last year, so there's only so many players they can double up on without leaving space for others!
I think that is why Chair made such an immediate impact. The first time he got the ball and nearly scored from the chance he carved out for himself there were two players marking Eze and one in no mans land in case a third was needed. After that, Chair had two -three players on him every time the ball went to him and Eze was the same. I think that is why the Terriers offered very little threat after Ilias came on. Also, Eze & Chair like playing together and are always looking for one another when in possession. If we end up with pair anywhere near as good as Goddard & Allen were I will be absolutely delighted.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Soops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Soops » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:27 pm

If we end up with pair anywhere near as good as Goddard & Allen were I will be absolutely delighted.

That’s too much to hope for I think - maybe Buzsacky and Cook 😀
Don’t think we’ll ever have a goal scorer anywhere close to Allen again...