Just back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just back

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:08 am
I agree with most of the comments above. We deserved a little bit more than one point, but in the past I have seen similar matches where we ended with zero, so I take the point happily.

Then in brief:
- We should have scored early in the match with those two chances by Eze and BOS.
- The foul on Manning was defo a straight red. How could the ref and the lino - who was two meters far - missed it.
Put them down to ten men and surely their tactics would have changed.
- Their peno was a peno BUT it started off-side, according to a friend sitting in Block X, so NOT a pen at the end. Not possible to say from the Loft.
But also stopping the image from the highlights the player looks offside when the ball is passed. Same lino as for Manning decision.
- Cameron MOTM. Class players play with their head up. He does and his passing his superb.
- Scowen at the moment looks like the weakest link.

I came back home at midnight. :wink:
Regarding the Manning foul, can't tell you as I've switched to the paddock this year but same lino for the offside?

Can't be as he should have been patroling our left hand side in the second half....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:09 am

Anyone close enough to the incident to tell whether we should've had a pen first half when BOS was brought down? Looked stone wall to me and my mate but corner was given..
@kischmusic

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 am
[quote=Giorgio post_id=874165 time=<a href="tel:1565482105">1565482105</a> user_id=407]
I agree with most of the comments above. We deserved a little bit more than one point, but in the past I have seen similar matches where we ended with zero, so I take the point happily.

Then in brief:
- We should have scored early in the match with those two chances by Eze and BOS.
- The foul on Manning was defo a straight red. How could the ref and the lino - who was two meters far - missed it.
Put them down to ten men and surely their tactics would have changed.
- Their peno was a peno BUT it started off-side, according to a friend sitting in Block X, so NOT a pen at the end. Not possible to say from the Loft.
But also stopping the image from the highlights the player looks offside when the ball is passed. Same lino as for Manning decision.
- Cameron MOTM. Class players play with their head up. He does and his passing his superb.
- Scowen at the moment looks like the weakest link.

I came back home at midnight. :wink:
Regarding the Manning foul, can't tell you as I've switched to the paddock this year but same lino for the offside?

Can't be as he should have been patroling our left hand side in the second half....
[/quote]

Looked a red to me. High, slightly late and reckless but very dangerous for the player clearing the ball. Bacuna looked pissed off as it was moments after being clattered by Cameron!

The Lino for that decision was about 6-8 feet away and bottled the decision. He stayed in the same place for the second half and had nothing to do with the offside pre penalty.
QPR & Ireland

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Barry wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 am
The Lino for that decision was about 6-8 feet away and bottled the decision. He stayed in the same place for the second half and had nothing to do with the offside pre penalty.
..so the linos do not switch position any more...?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:09 am
Anyone close enough to the incident to tell whether we should've had a pen first half when BOS was brought down? Looked stone wall to me and my mate but corner was given..

If that was the one near the byline, where their left back caught up with him? That looked a foul but was a superb tackle.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:15 pm

...could not see it from the Loft....I really hoped it was a pen ... :wink:

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 pm
Barry wrote:
It was certainly the same Lino down the Ellerslie both halves.
QPR & Ireland

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:06 pm
Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:09 am

If that was the one near the byline, where their left back caught up with him? That looked a foul but was a superb tackle.
fair do's, maybe the refs arent always wrong!
@kischmusic

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 pm
Barry wrote:
No you stay the same side for the whole match....

Ellerslie road is the junior of the two linos I believe....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Re: The Manning Foul

My reading from 6 rows back in Ellieslie looking down to the right Yes it was studs up ( you could see the orange/red of the underside of his boots) with a raised bent right leg ,but imo ,on balance no intent and no malice.

Ref wasn't sure and was considering a red but lino put him off.Very lucky boy.

Manning got jumped on second half also

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 pm

T-Block wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm
Re: The Manning Foul

My reading from 6 rows back in Ellieslie looking down to the right Yes it was studs up ( you could see the orange/red of the underside of his boots) with a raised bent right leg ,but imo ,on balance no intent and no malice.

Ref wasn't sure and was considering a red but lino put him off.Very lucky boy.

Manning got jumped on second half also
Has there got to be intent or malice for a red card. Surely the only criteria is whether it was dangerous.