Just back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Just back

Post by volpone » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Game we would have lost last season. Played it on the deck nicely, though until Chair came on we weren’t creating a huge amount up top.

Eze seems to be the man this season now Freeman has moved on. Some ridiculous touches and both he and BOS could have scored with left-foot efforts early on. BOS was having a go first half and kept plugging away but the left back seemed to just get the best of him.

I missed the pen decision but it seems it was one. Lumley unlucky not to get a hand to it.

We woke up when Chair came on for Scowen - who had almost let Huddersfield in with a sloppy back pass in the first half. Encouragingly the other subs worked. Wells for an out-of-sorts Amos (who did improve in the second half) and Kane who replaced a tiring Rangel and put in some searching crosses. Cameron was immense, particularly in the first half.

Can we play both Eze and Chair in the number 10 roles? You bet, certainly in a second 45.

Football was on the deck. Barbet very eye-catching on the ball though I think it was him who gave the pen away. Great to see Captain Hall get a deserved equaliser.

Hugill grew into the game and held up the ball well. Huddersfield were dirty and won’t pull up any trees on that showing. Ref started good and got worse. One of their players could have got red for a tackle on Manning. Great cross for goal but he needs to work on defensive positioning.

Onwards!

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Just back

Post by White Duck » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:16 pm

Looked like it was going to be one of those days as the 2nd half carried on but we deservedly equalised. Huddersfield seemed happy to hold on for a point and looked bang average to me.

Cameron Man Of The Match for me: strong in the tackle and good with the passes. Amos will get better with more games. Manning started great but struggled a bit after being hacked down in front of R block: Huddersfield were a dirty side weren't they? Hall and Barbet did well, great header by Grant for the goal though we looked offside. BOS didn't have the beating of his left back today and struggled a bit, Eze started great, faded on the middle of the game but finished strongly: lots more to come from him. Hugill was quiet but I don't think we got the ball to him enough.

Chair looked fantastic when he came on: always showing for the ball and he had a great low shot that the keeper saved well. Hope he will get a lot of minutes this season as he's exciting to watch: for home matches especially I would start him ahead of Scowen who looks a bit off his game at the moment. Todd Kane also looks like a good player: some very intelligent runs when he came on and put in the cross of the game. Expect him to be first choice in a bit. Lumley's distribution was improved and he did ok overall.

Overall a decent performance in front of a supportive crowd: promising signs that we will have a better season than the last one.
Lex Talionis........

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

volpone wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:43 pm
though until Chair came on we weren’t creating a huge amount up top.
Yep, Scowen knows that he has imminent appointments with the stiffs to come.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:16 pm
Looked like it was going to be one of those days as the 2nd half carried on but we deservedly equalised. Huddersfield seemed happy to hold on for a point and looked bang average to me.

Cameron Man Of The Match for me: strong in the tackle and good with the passes. Amos will get better with more games. Manning started great but struggled a bit after being hacked down in front of R block: Huddersfield were a dirty side weren't they? Hall and Barbet did well, great header by Grant for the goal though we looked offside. BOS didn't have the beating of his left back today and struggled a bit, Eze started great, faded on the middle of the game but finished strongly: lots more to come from him. Hugill was quiet but I don't think we got the ball to him enough.

Chair looked fantastic when he came on: always showing for the ball and he had a great low shot that the keeper saved well. Hope he will get a lot of minutes this season as he's exciting to watch: for home matches especially I would start him ahead of Scowen who looks a bit off his game at the moment. Todd Kane also looks like a good player: some very intelligent runs when he came on and put in the cross of the game. Expect him to be first choice in a bit. Lumley's distribution was improved and he did ok overall.

Overall a decent performance in front of a supportive crowd: promising signs that we will have a better season than the last one.
That is pretty much how I saw the game and considering it is thought to take three seasons to build a new team from scratch we are off to a flyer; 4 points off 2 teams relegated from the Prem last season is a good return IMO.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:15 pm

The guy who was fouled for the pen looked offside when he got the ball.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:01 pm

How did those who went see thr Bacuna tackle on Manning? I saw a raised foot showing studs not directley going for the ball. Straight red?

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:31 pm

White Duck wrote:

Have to agree with this- Best signing we have made was Cameron.
Chair looked very busy when he came on.....
I thought Eze was superb(IMO) - for such a young lad....he is growing all the time.
As much as i like Rangel...Kane..is the future. Rangel cannot get down the wing ...Kane looks goods

Subs made at right time to try and change game (IMO)
All in all....loving this season so far.

Down side

Trains all over the shot...Didnt get home till 9,30 and then had to go to pub..

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:08 am

I agree with most of the comments above. We deserved a little bit more than one point, but in the past I have seen similar matches where we ended with zero, so I take the point happily.

Then in brief:
- We should have scored early in the match with those two chances by Eze and BOS.
- The foul on Manning was defo a straight red. How could the ref and the lino - who was two meters far - missed it.
Put them down to ten men and surely their tactics would have changed.
- Their peno was a peno BUT it started off-side, according to a friend sitting in Block X, so NOT a pen at the end. Not possible to say from the Loft.
But also stopping the image from the highlights the player looks offside when the ball is passed. Same lino as for Manning decision.
- Cameron MOTM. Class players play with their head up. He does and his passing his superb.
- Scowen at the moment looks like the weakest link.

I came back home at midnight. :wink:

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:20 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 pm
White Duck wrote:

That is pretty much how I saw the game and considering it is thought to take three seasons to build a new team from scratch we are off to a flyer; 4 points off 2 teams relegated from the Prem last season is a good return IMO.
Almost, this is Stoke's second season in the Championship following their relegation from the Premier League. Nevertheless, two sound results and two promising performances from such a recently assembled team. We've got to be happy with such a solid start to the season. 8)
Question everything.

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:46 am

Enjoyed the game today. Some good performances in there and attitude seems good. There is a big but though, we have a total lack of firepower, very little goal threat at all. It will require a hugely surprising season from aHugill or eze to rectify that but I just don't see it. So for me it's mid table at best this year but hope I'm proven wrong.
@kischmusic

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:17 am

Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:46 am
Enjoyed the game today. Some good performances in there and attitude seems good. There is a big but though, we have a total lack of firepower, very little goal threat at all. It will require a hugely surprising season from aHugill or eze to rectify that but I just don't see it. So for me it's mid table at best this year but hope I'm proven wrong.
You say that yet we still managed 17 shots on goal & 7 corners to there 0, stats wise sounds like we didn’t have a problem getting strikes away just not enough on target, but then again stats don’t always paint the full picture.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:43 am

Add the massively improved atmosphere into the mix and there’s a real feel-good factor at the minute and long May it continue!
QPR & Ireland

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:14 am

Barry wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:43 am
Add the massively improved atmosphere into the mix and there’s a real feel-good factor at the minute and long May it continue!
I was just about to post the same comment. It's been some time since I've felt such positivity from the supporters. At the end of the match you'd have thought we'd just won. I think the applause was for the way we played and the fight back to get a point, but more than that. It was for a day full of hope and a realisation that things are finally on the up. Well done my club.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:17 am
Hoop'83 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:46 am
You say that yet we still managed 17 shots on goal & 7 corners to there 0, stats wise sounds like we didn’t have a problem getting strikes away just not enough on target, but then again stats don’t always paint the full picture.
Yeah - a lot of fine tuning still needs to be done. Hugill puts himself about......Just for record, anyone who thinks EZE is lazy, needs to watch the game for 90 mins....Did a lot of running and looks like he will be person to open up defences...but still learning . BOS....still learning.....Luke Amos Kane ....all the same...but thier attitude makes you think it will come good. Cameron looked superb (IMO) Hall is looking like the player we though we had 3 years back.
Lots and lots to improve....but boy...we actually look like a football team. Just my opinion....it was worth the delay in trains from Folkestone..delay on central line and 2 hour delay getting home...and we only drew ...

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by sparkypark » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:28 am

I don’t think we need to worry too much yet about lack of firepower yet. The one thing Huddersfield were good at was blocking. They have benefitted from Prem League experience in how to bodily block oncoming players - BOS and Hugill repeatedly in the first half - just short of a foul. Once we got more attacking players on the pitch, Chair then Wells, they could not cope.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.