Team vs Huddersfield

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Hanuhoff

Re: Team vs Huddersfield

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:35 am

I'm expecting the same team and I'm also expecting us to lose. However I don't think that's a bad thing. I think we've made some astute signings for a team in our position. I don't think this season will be as bad as I feared it would at the end of last season and I reckon we'll stay up. But I do think we'll be in for another difficult season and I don't think it would be a terrible thing for our expectations to settle a bit after what was a great opening game. I think we've potentially got a team we can be proud of this year but also a team that will take a while to properly settle in. It's really difficult to judge any team on the first game of a session, particularly in a division that had always been as open as this one.

Saying all that, I really hope I'm proved wrong and we win again.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:33 am

This will be a difficult, low scoring game. Best to set up for a draw and try and break up their play with disruptive, energetic players. I think one decent chance will win the game, either way
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:08 am

Same team as last week, sends out the right signals. Another win I think, 2-0. Thereby raising enthusiasm to febrile levels before our aspirations trimmed next weekend at Bristol when I’m there watching!

But I’ll take another win today, Huddersfield not looking great, Mooy sold, recently relegated. Yep, 2-0 to the Rs.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:27 am

There seems to be a lot of people predicting a 2-0 win for us on here and elsewhere. Stop it. Stop it right now. How dare you raise my expectations.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 am

dm wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:27 am
There seems to be a lot of people predicting a 2-0 win for us on here and elsewhere. Stop it. Stop it right now. How dare you raise my expectations.
Not me. Cagey 1 - 1 I reckon. Hugill again.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:21 am

I keep forgetting that they have only just come back down from the Premier League - hard test but a good one, and interesting to see how the team and players fare.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:42 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:21 am
I keep forgetting that they have only just come back down from the Premier League - hard test but a good one, and interesting to see how the team and players fare.
Plus Chalobah is elegible for them today and I rate him as a decent player.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:01 am

It's hard to talk about scores atm because the Championship is not predictable. Who thought Norwich would win it this time last yeah, and who thought Stoke would end up a poor mid table?
Are Stoke bad this year, was it an off day or are we just brilliant. Hard to know and it will be harder to judge with extra variables thrown in, so if I was MW I would keep the team mostly as is. Maybe a question over Scowen. Perhaps Amos will move up and Smith go in centre mid. But I dont think that should be seen as dropping Scowen per se more a slight change in system (less disruption, more reliable passing).

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:46 am

For me, a winning team stays unchanged. As King Rat, Scowen plays a very useful role high up in our press.

Great to have so many attacking options off the bench.

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:03 am

To my mind there is always an issue when we look at a player's performance whereby our previous thoughts and prejudices can override what is actually going on in that particular match.

I am not usually the greatest fan of Scowen, particularly when he was compared to Luongo who I thought was very good in most games, but last Saturday after a quiet first half when he appeared to be learning that it was OK for him to get further forward I thought he had a good second half.

Certainly I didn't see any reason why you would want to drop him based on that performance.

Right better get a move on and get to the stadium and see what we can do this time out - COYRs
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Ladies & gents

Please check today’s lineup

You heard it here first :D

Come on you R’ssssss