Season Ticket

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Season Ticket

Post by Rbee » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm

But your trip from Ireland probably costs less than my hours journey from Swindon.

£70

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm
But your trip from Ireland probably costs less than my hours journey from Swindon.

£70
...let's say...if I come on a Saturday 3pm match, so flying in the morning and back in the evening I can stay within € 200 ....(parking, flights, food, underground).....if we play a late KO...and need to stay overnight (last flight is usually around 9pm so no way to fly back)...and need a night in London (usually Premier inn cos I tried some cheap hotel...at £ 50 a night, regretting that)...I raise the costs to € 300/350.

Two seasons ago I made a rough calculation of the costs for the season...and I was well over € 5,000 ...if we compare that with the satisfaction
I receive.... :roll:
I found myself more than once, in the parking area of Dublin airport, soaked with the rain...shouting "WHY THE HELL I KEEP ON DOING THIS...????" :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tunga
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Tunga » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:14 pm
...I know...as I said I prefer Heathrow...20 minutes walk from the Crown&Sceptre to H'smith then 30 minutes underground to the airport...
Gatwick...need to get to Victoria plus Gatwick Express or to London Bridge and then Thameslink train...but much more troublesome...
You can take London Overground from Shepherds Bush to Clapham Junction (~20mins) then there are trains every 10-20mins to Gatwick (~25mins), I'd think that is an easier route than going via Victoria or London Bridge.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Tunga wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:44 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:14 pm
...I know...as I said I prefer Heathrow...20 minutes walk from the Crown&Sceptre to H'smith then 30 minutes underground to the airport...
Gatwick...need to get to Victoria plus Gatwick Express or to London Bridge and then Thameslink train...but much more troublesome...
You can take London Overground from Shepherds Bush to Clapham Junction (~20mins) then there are trains every 10-20mins to Gatwick (~25mins), I'd think that is an easier route than going via Victoria or London Bridge.
..I know of that route...but the problem is collecting the tickets when I land at Gatwick...huge long queues at the machines....even if I buy in advance....I need to collect them....that's why I always prefer H'throw...Underground...Oyster Card....sooo easy and fast

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Is there a Luton option? That train route is pretty good.

Tunga
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Tunga » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Oyster is accepted from Gatwick on all three services (Southern to Clapham/Victoria, ThamesLink to London Bridge etc. and Gatwick Express). So no need to queue at machines as long as your card is topped up in advance.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Tunga wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:39 pm
Oyster is accepted from Gatwick on all three services (Southern to Clapham/Victoria, ThamesLink to London Bridge etc. and Gatwick Express). So no need to queue at machines as long as your card is topped up in advance.
..that's another problem...I can only make top ups when I am in London...
I tried to open an account on line - like my daughter and son (they both live in UK) - but when I put my Irish address, the account is rejected.....
so I had a brilliant idea...put my son address....they don't know...but probably following the first attempt the number is still associated with that
failed attempt and I can not go on....life is never as easy as you would like it to be.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:31 pm

I was wondering what happens to the junior's ST's. They can't issue them with a credit card - the parents would go ballistic. Giorgio, you are a true supporter. I'm glad you got your ST sorted in the end. Sorry your travel is such an ordeal this week.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:47 am

Montag wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:31 pm
I was wondering what happens to the junior's ST's. They can't issue them with a credit card - the parents would go ballistic. Giorgio, you are a true supporter. I'm glad you got your ST sorted in the end. Sorry your travel is such an ordeal this week.
...the guy that contacted me from the club said that my ST is going to be issued using the "old type hard plastic" card, like it was in the past seasons.
They still have some of them. Anyway they will have to find something as there are always exceptions. I don't have an Android/Apple phone (I might end buying one in future, but nobody told me I should have needed one last April when I renewed the ST), you may not have a bank account....there are always cases, ok they are a minority, but still they may happen...

Adrian
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Adrian » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:09 am

It's quicker to go from London Bridge or Blackfriars to Gatwick than using the 'Express'.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:27 am

Adrian wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:09 am
It's quicker to go from London Bridge or Blackfriars to Gatwick than using the 'Express'.
...and cheaper...I know....but sometimes I find going to Victoria faster and on this Sat I got an offer that is making the GatExp at the same price of normal train....

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 pm

There can’t be many clubs that have an overseas ST holder!

Also, you can just use your contactless bank card instead of an oyster, so no need to top up.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 pm

There are approx 15 Norwegian Season Ticket holders as well as the other Irish R's ones. Sharon Smith almost certainly has one.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 pm
There are approx 15 Norwegian Season Ticket holders as well as the other Irish R's ones. Sharon Smith almost certainly has one.
....at the end of last season Sharon was not sure about renewing...then when she knew I had done it she did too.....she cannot leave me alone... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...and Sharon is even "worse" than me.....I mean....when I get back to Dublin I have only 20 minutes drive to go home, living in the north-west
side of Dublin (the airport is on the north)...but Sharon lives in Cavan...that is a further more than one hour- hour and half - drive to get home.
usually our flights arrive around 10:30/11 pm...and I am home before midnight...but she is getting there very late....long day, thinking that we usually get early flights in the morning...so wake up at 4am most of the time... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:17 pm

I assume we can just rock up on Saturday and get in without needing to do anything with the card?

They’ll be turning ppl away, surely, if that’s not the case?

I honestly can’t be bothered with yet another card, another password etc etc I just want to get in the ground and watch football.