Starting eleven

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Starting eleven

Post by Danish Ranger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:35 am

Assuming that Luongo will leave and we will see at least two new strikers, my best guess of our starting eleven is:

Lumley
---
Wallace
Leistner
Barbet
Furlong
---
Scowen
Ball
Eze
Amos
Manning
---
NN

Bench: Masterson, Chair, Smith, Smyth, Kelly, BOS

Where on earth will the goals come from ?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Starting eleven

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:25 am

I think Ball has been brought in more as cover, so I don't think he'll be a regular starter. BOS probably will be, and hopefully Smyth and Chair will get their fair share of game time.

So the goals will come from the two new strikers, Eze, BOS, Smyth, Chair and a few here and there from around the team. Lumley will get half a dozen on his own.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:18 am

what no Goss< ????

sorry, this is becoming a fetish with me and has to stop, but really, where is he?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:24 am

Many are expecting Rangel and Cameron to return so one would expect Cameron to start. On ability Hall would start if injury free. God knows where the strikers will come from given our lack of funds. Yes, loans are a possibility but that just postpones the inevitable. When they return to their clubs we are back to square one, having paid their wages for the loan period. Didn't Hoos call it “dead money” ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:13 am

222gers wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:24 am
Many are expecting Rangel and Cameron to return so one would expect Cameron to start. On ability Hall would start if injury free. God knows where the strikers will come from given our lack of funds. Yes, loans are a possibility but that just postpones the inevitable. When they return to their clubs we are back to square one, having paid their wages for the loan period. Didn't Hoos call it “dead money” ?
Have a look at one of the many sites which carry details of players that are for sale, including free agents, and see just what is available for the £500k mark in the centre forward/ striker category. I did notice Asamoah Gyan & JET for under £300k and that really is the mark of where we will be trying to buy a striker. If we can entice Wells back for the £12-15k a week mark then the new managers style may suit him a lot more than last seasons style did (just keep him away from spot kicks :-) ) as he was certainly a willing runner and a hard worker. Balls into the channel will suit him a lot more than balls pinged at his head. Oteh looked the part in the Leeds game but his sojourn at Walsall not so much. A lot will depend on MW's ability to both recognise, and get the best out of, the players we have. Lewis Walker didn't pull any trees up but his workrate etc. may see him as an improver for next season. Smyth and BOS can both finish well and Charley Kendall has said he wants to break through next season too. A lot of imponderables and all we can really do is get behind the team and support them as the season progresses.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:20 am

The loans are a balancing act. Not having any at all could put you at a competitive disadvantage, as pretty much every other team will use the system.Too many on the other hand could block the pathway for developing our own players.

We already have two, albeit I would think they're fairly inexpensive. Cameron wouldn't be cheap, and I'd still be surprised if we went for him. We may get at least one more loan, but I don't think I'd want more than that.

I would hope Warburton will get at least a small proportion of the Freeman fee to try and buy a striker, maybe even two.

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:06 am

My prediction is that we get Cameron in on a loan deal as long as Stoke agree to cover more of his wages than last season, and we will get Rangel for one more season.

I think we’ll go for two young strikers on loan from a premiership club (i’d go for Nketia off arsenal), and then use the majority of our budget to bring in someone up front who is proven at this level.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm

We won't get much for Luongo but seeing as we haven't really spent much yet we might have a little in the striker kitty.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm
We won't get much for Luongo but seeing as we haven't really spent much yet we might have a little in the striker kitty.
Then there is little point in selling

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:51 pm

Luongo has one year left on his current contract and has let the club know that he would not sign another so best he goes.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:03 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm
Rbee wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm
Then there is little point in selling
In today’s market there was little point in selling Smithies or Freeman for the pittance we got for them but they still went.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:17 pm

We got 2-3 good seasons out of both, and sold them on for a profit - in Freeman's case, several million more than we paid for him. That's exactly how our model is supposed to work.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm

Which bit of our financial situation are some posters struggling with? EVERY £ we can bring in is essential for Luongo rather than lose him on a free. We need his fee to partially reinvest and he is now one of the last of the players on higher wages than the current threshold.

Stateside Ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Stateside Ranger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:16 pm

PeterS wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm
Which bit of our financial situation are some posters struggling with? EVERY £ we can bring in is essential for Luongo rather than lose him on a free. We need his fee to partially reinvest and he is now one of the last of the players on higher wages than the current threshold.
This.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:18 pm

FFP has changed the rules