Demonic Ball

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13090
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Demonic Ball

Post by dm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Didn't see that one coming

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4929
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by 222gers » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Another defender........a striker or two is now paramount.

User avatar
willesdenr
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2164
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by willesdenr » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Beelzebub :twisted:

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6462
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by Devonranger » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Defensive midfielder but can play centre half too apparently.

With the new Matt Smith fitting that role too, maybe Josh Scowen will be used further forward.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5366
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Said he sees himself as more of a CDM, so will be interesting to see how we use him.
Slightly underwhelmed with this signing if I'm honest. Seems like a hard working player, but fairly slow and limited.
I don't know how well this Rangers 2.0 we're building is going to fair in the Championship..
Image

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4929
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by 222gers » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Hope he'll be demonic in his tackling....... ! :wink:

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9968
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:15 pm
Said he sees himself as more of a CDM, so will be interesting to see how we use him.
Slightly underwhelmed with this signing if I'm honest. Seems like a hard working player, but fairly slow and limited.
I don't know how well this Rangers 2.0 we're building is going to fair in the Championship..
Indeed. I think we'll do well if they bring back the Anglo-Scottish Cup though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by PeterS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:55 pm

Aberdeen rated him as a defensive mid. So that is much more relevant than loan at Rangers

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm

I’m starting to wonder why we appointed Warburton, it seems it was just to put a load of ex rangers players & kids together on the cheap.

Either a master stroke and it’ll be great, or he’ll be gone by Christmas.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5337
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by Rbee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 pm

On the face of it not a great signing. Signed by Rotherham who promptly loaned him out for the vast majority of the time. Firstly to Peterborough where he fell out with the manager and was sent back early followed by a season and a half at Aberdeen.

Aberdeen did offer him a permanent transfer recently which he turned down. He played mainly in defensive midfield there but also had a stint at right back. Reading an Aberdeen Fans Forum there are mixed reviews although it seems his work in midfield was more appreciated earlier in his career there. Not many tears that he didn't sign for them in the end.

But of course everyone starts with a clean slate and gets our support so welcome Dominic and good luck.

User avatar
PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by PeterS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:19 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm
I’m starting to wonder why we appointed Warburton, it seems it was just to put a load of ex rangers players & kids together on the cheap.

Either a master stroke and it’ll be great, or he’ll be gone by Christmas.
He was hired to put together a team on the cheap. So he is doing as asked.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:44 pm

PeterS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:19 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm
I’m starting to wonder why we appointed Warburton, it seems it was just to put a load of ex rangers players & kids together on the cheap.

Either a master stroke and it’ll be great, or he’ll be gone by Christmas.
He was hired to put together a team on the cheap. So he is doing as asked.
Yeah but is he here on his managerial ability or for the contacts in his little black book.

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by n22hoop » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:17 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:44 pm
PeterS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:19 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm
I’m starting to wonder why we appointed Warburton, it seems it was just to put a load of ex rangers players & kids together on the cheap.

Either a master stroke and it’ll be great, or he’ll be gone by Christmas.
He was hired to put together a team on the cheap. So he is doing as asked.
Yeah but is he here on his managerial ability or for the contacts in his little black book.
Probably a bit of both I suspect. We're broke so we need a new team built on a shoestring. That said I'm a bit concerned about the lack of forwards arriving. I wonder if Hemed or Wells might be open to a permanent move.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6910
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:17 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:44 pm
PeterS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:19 pm


He was hired to put together a team on the cheap. So he is doing as asked.
Yeah but is he here on his managerial ability or for the contacts in his little black book.
Probably a bit of both I suspect. We're broke so we need a new team built on a shoestring. That said I'm a bit concerned about the lack of forwards arriving. I wonder if Hemed or Wells might be open to a permanent move.
Nah just google who played upfront for him at Rangers, Kenny Miller might be on his way down to the rrr’s

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Demonic Ball

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:52 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Nah just google who played upfront for him at Rangers, Kenny Miller might be on his way down to the rrr’s
...he is only 39...so he might still have a couple of good seasons.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post Reply