Replacements for Freeman and Smith

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

thebigfatchef
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Replacements for Freeman and Smith

Post by thebigfatchef » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:27 am

Who would you realistically want us to sign or loan as Freeman and Smith are on there way out to new pastures.
Whatever we do i hope we do business fast and get the team to know each other.
Warburton has a hell of a job this season with what we have,( up to now or the caliber of players we are currently signing).

I fear Championship one will be our destination 2020/2021. :?

Hope i am totally wrong! :oops:
Anyone concurs with me

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Replacements for Freeman and Smith

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 am

I guess who we sign will depend on how much Warburton gets to spend out of any outgoing transfers.

Kieffer Moore and Alex Mowatt of Barnsley would be decent signings, and Lyle Taylor looked good for Charlton last year and should make the step up from League One. Of course, both Barnsley and Charlton are already in this league, so whether we would be seen as a desirable move by their players is a moot point.

I've always liked John Swift at Reading, although he does seem to be a bit injury-prone.

Herbie Kane of Liverpool looked useful on loan for Doncaster last season, and might be worth a punt as one of our loans this season.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:23 pm

I can't see the point of speculating and throwing endless names into the pot to consider, but as good or as bad as Warburton turns out to be, he has got one hell of a job on his hands just to keep us in the Championship.

I was resigned to losing Freeman, but to consider that we will also be without (allegedly) Luongo, Smith, and with Wells and Hemed not returning where are the goals going to come from ?

I hope Warburton has a decent plan and a few aces up his sleeve.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm

thebigfatchef wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:27 am
Who would you realistically want us to sign or loan as Freeman and Smith are on there way out to new pastures.
Whatever we do i hope we do business fast and get the team to know each other.
Warburton has a hell of a job this season with what we have,( up to now or the caliber of players we are currently signing).

I fear Championship one will be our destination 2020/2021. :?

Hope i am totally wrong! :oops:
Anyone concurs with me
Yes, I concur with you in hoping you are totally wrong
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”