Luke Freeman

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Luke Freeman

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:14 pm

So we’ve now lost our most reliable defender

Most creative midfielder

Best out & out winger

Best impact sub striker / only striker that has half a clue as to where the back of the net is.

We’ve signed a load of kids & brushed to the wayside ex Scottish Sunday league players.

Although looking forward to how the youngsters do, slightly concerned about our current player turnaround.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:16 pm

We've got no money and FFP hanging over us lad. Enjoy the ride.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:16 pm

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:17 pm

...surely he deserves a shot at the Premier....and I would have not liked to keep him after rejecting offers from the PL....
as he could have been very distracted and annoyed....playing in the PL is every Championship player's desire....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:23 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:16 pm
We’re not under any form of embargo are we?

I thought a large chunk of the fine was loans to be written off by the shareholders?

But obviously a load of freebies & loans is where we are at, interesting to see how we cope with the overhaul on the pitch.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:35 pm

Can we just redirect these posts to an FAQ about the FFP situation - for at least the next two years?

We have to sell our players, we have to pretend we are like a boot fair where players we have found for free get valued and sold on at a decent rate of turnover. Sometimes the nice china ornament we thought would fetch a pretty price will go for a disappointing few quid; on other occasions, the thing we thought was dried cat poo will sell for thousands. In the margins of this, we will play some football games, and hopefully not get relegated.

What really doesn't go down well is some Poundshop Alan Sugar telling us repeatedly that we aren't doing good deals.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:44 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:23 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:16 pm
We’re not under any form of embargo are we?

I thought a large chunk of the fine was loans to be written off by the shareholders?

But obviously a load of freebies & loans is where we are at, interesting to see how we cope with the overhaul on the pitch.
The last fine was. But we've also got to seriously cut our costs or we will breach the limit again. I don't think we have much choice. Tbh, i didn't fancy our chances of staying up this year without replacement forwards, even if we did keep Freeman. I'm not any more confident yet but i'm interested in seeing how it works out. Couple of interesting young signings. Hopefully the loans can add some flair and the youth can kick on. Unfortunately, FFP has us over a barrel mate, just got to try whatever we can to ride it out season by season.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:55 pm

...but how this damn FFP is damaging us so much, whereas other clubs supposed to be in similar troubles seem to go pretty fine...?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:55 pm
...but how this damn FFP is damaging us so much, whereas other clubs supposed to be in similar troubles seem to go pretty fine...?
Once bitten, twice shy as they say. Despite softer punishments for breaching the rules, the club cannot risk another run in with the EFL. Our losses for the last couple of years were quite substantial due in great part to the high wages paid to the likes of Lynch and co. Plus last seasons payments to the loanees. It's imperative that the club comes in under the bar this coming season. I worry though that already have two players on loan and very likely will add a loaned striker or two. More money down the drain.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:26 pm

So where does having 3 f’n managers on the payroll come into it, or does that not count towards FFP.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:29 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:26 pm
So where does having 3 f’n managers on the payroll come into it, or does that not count towards FFP.
The club hasn't covered itself in glory with regard to managerial appointments. Still, we have only one manager on the books now I assume ?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:39 pm

Luke did a great job for us. Good luck to him. He'll meet up with one of our great ex-players there, Tony Currie. Didn't really think they were good enough to go up but who knows? They might surprise a few people. I hope Luke does.

Meanwhile Villa being checked out for selling their stadium to a company owned by the owners ala Derby. What bollocks this is, really. Why did we get kicked in the balls so hard?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:35 pm
Can we just redirect these posts to an FAQ about the FFP situation - for at least the next two years?

We have to sell our players, we have to pretend we are like a boot fair where players we have found for free get valued and sold on at a decent rate of turnover. Sometimes the nice china ornament we thought would fetch a pretty price will go for a disappointing few quid; on other occasions, the thing we thought was dried cat poo will sell for thousands. In the margins of this, we will play some football games, and hopefully not get relegated.

What really doesn't go down well is some Poundshop Alan Sugar telling us repeatedly that we aren't doing good deals.
Greyhound ... a point very well made. I doff my cap to you.

:D
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:50 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:29 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:26 pm
The club hasn't covered itself in glory with regard to managerial appointments. Still, we have only one manager on the books now I assume ?
Ollie was on the wireless two months ago saying he was still receiving monthly payments from Qpr, add Schteve to that now & Warburton..

It’s highly likely we have two if not three managers on the payroll at present plus all the staff that went with them.

But we can’t spend tuppence on a player, in the board we trust.

Funny thing is if we’re in the bottom three come Xmas it wouldn’t surprise me if the guillotine came down again.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 am

Just paper talk I guess but just read that Sheffield United have "SMASHED" their transfer record paying £6M for Callum Robinson