Prediction 2019/2020

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Prediction 2019/2020

Post by Danish Ranger » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:25 am

I know it's early days and that my prediction would look completely different if I did it beginning of August, but here we go !

Leeds
Cardiff
---
West Brom
Sheffield Wed
Stoke
Fulham
---
Brentford
Birmingham
Derby
Bristol City
Nottingham F
Swansea
Preston
Blackburn
Reading
Middlesbrough
Luton
Hull
Huddersfield
QPR
Wigan
---
Barnsley
Millwall
Charlton

bushkangaroo
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Prediction 2019/2020

Post by bushkangaroo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 am

I feel you're being too generous to us. Can't at present see us surviving, but as you suggest things should change, and hopefully for the better.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:34 am

Very early days of course and we don't know the transfer business of the other clubs. Our signings will of course be limited. However, I would expect Reading to struggle again and we may finish a place or two higher than you suggest.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 am

Danish, I would be interested to see your 2018/19 Championship prediction re-posted if possible ?

With regards to next season I see Warburton etc. either getting things right and us finishing quite comfortably in mid-table with 60 odd points, or us not getting out of the bottom three all season.

I don't foresee a season of plodding along in 19th - 20th as your table suggests.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am

Leeds.I don't think so. their crest have fallen for a while yet. Derby too. Cardiff top. We're 50/1 at best odds to win it! How poor is that from the bookies? We should be ok.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:38 am

old pauline wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 am
Danish, I would be interested to see your 2018/19 Championship prediction re-posted if possible ?

With regards to next season I see Warburton etc. either getting things right and us finishing quite comfortably in mid-table with 60 odd points, or us not getting out of the bottom three all season.

I don't foresee a season of plodding along in 19th - 20th as your table suggests.
Here's last year's :

Stoke
West Bromwich
----
Middlesbrough
Nottingham
Swansea
Sheffield United
----
Derby
Sheffield W
Aston Villa
Preston
Norwich
Bristol City
Leeds
Brentford
Hull
QPR
Ipswich
Blackburn
Millwall
Reading
Birmingham
----
Bolton
Wigan
Rotherham

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=80936&p=860361
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 am

If Fulham keep Mitrovic & there squad together then they walk the division.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:10 am

Cheers Uxbridge - I was waiting for your post :D

Have a great summer

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:32 am

Always happy to support a grand old board tradition, Danish. You've put it out there a good month earlier than last year, and I thought it was impossible to call then, so little hope of being on the money now. We'll have a much better idea when the transfer window closes on 8th August.

That said, I think Leeds, with Bielsa staying, should be right up there this year. West Brom, Middlesbrough and Derby should go close, depending on who's in the manager's chair going into next season.

I reckon Nathan Jones has a big rebuilding job to do at Stoke, so the play-offs might be the best they can hope for. Bristol City are talking about spending some serious money this summer, so they could push into the top 6 too.

I think Fulham might struggle, at least initially. They brought in a lot of players last season that could find the Championship a bit of a culture shock, and have a rookie manager. Huddersfield might also find it tougher than some expect.

At the moment it's hard to see anything other than a season of struggle for us, but maybe things will look brighter in a couple of months.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

arrystottle
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by arrystottle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 am

At the moment the only assumption is that next season will be little different from last and if we survive then we will have done ok , but we dont know if MW will go with youth or old heads or a mix of both ,what style he will play or precious little else , we just need to build a base we can work from if we are ever to get out of the mess we are in. I expect another miserable season and unless we are snapped up by someone with deep pockets and a brain to go with it think that is basically our future as we will get left behind in the ever crazy race to reach the promised land of the Premiership. We had our chance but sadly with TF at the helm we were like lottery winners who couldnt wait to burn the cash we had .

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:58 am

arrystottle wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 am
At the moment the only assumption is that next season will be little different from last and if we survive then we will have done ok , but we dont know if MW will go with youth or old heads or a mix of both ,what style he will play or precious little else , we just need to build a base we can work from if we are ever to get out of the mess we are in. I expect another miserable season and unless we are snapped up by someone with deep pockets and a brain to go with it think that is basically our future as we will get left behind in the ever crazy race to reach the promised land of the Premiership. We had our chance but sadly with TF at the helm we were like lottery winners who couldnt wait to burn the cash we had .
Deep pockets no longer matter; they couldn't exceed the P&S regulations of FFP that are in place now.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm

We are in the same position as last year - a new manager, no money to spend, and a big step into the unknown. Fingers crossed for a good season, which would be a top half finish, some good performances from the youngsters, and no thrashings a la WBA. I hope the fixtures are kind, as I think it is important we get a good start.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:33 pm

It looks a very even division - even more than last year. I can't see a runaway winner and I'm not sure I can see anyone stalling like Ipswich.

Stoke and Sheff Weds could be good tips for the play-offs this year.

I'm not so sure about Fulham. Even if they do keep their Premiership players I can't see them doing it over the long haul. I can't see them ripping it up under Scott Parker.
Come on you Sooopa ........