EZE - England under 21’s

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: EZE - England under 21’s

Post by ActonArthur » Sun May 26, 2019 10:47 am

Eze is a talent and don’t anybody think that is not the case. How far he goes remains to be seen but he needs support and encouragement from all of us. He could be a huge player for us if he progresses. I remember Les Ferdinand being regularly criticised by a groundswell of supporters, lazy, don’t trust him over a season, inconsistent etc. When he finally came of age and set the team alight I did not here anyone heating humble pie, just moved on to another target.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 am

Young players need a supportive environment to develop - let them take the lead on creativity and what they do with decision making on the ball. Help and encourage them with decision making off the ball.

Hate to think of the amount of talent written off by our fine country over the years with coaches who have focused more on their own importance over the development of young players.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 am

Young players need a supportive environment to develop - let them take the lead on creativity and what they do with decision making on the ball. Help and encourage them with decision making off the ball.

Hate to think of the amount of talent written off by our fine country over the years with coaches who have focused more on their own importance over the development of young players.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun May 26, 2019 12:16 pm

It's clear the club is serious about the strategy to develop young players. Warburton's appointment is heralded as an important part of that strategy. Ollie and SMc were supposed to be in line with the plan but, for reasons we've discussed elsewhere, they didn't work out.

It would appear Warburton's track record shows he's well suited to the task and I would expect the young player he'll be most excited to work with is indeed Eze. We have some fine young attacking prospects in BOS, Chair, Smyth and maybe Shodipo too. But Eze made 37 Championship appearances last season showing exciting glimpses of what he is capable and gaining valuable experience. He wasn't great in all those games but no 20 year old would be.

I think Warburton could well be the manager develop Eze's game, get him to believe in himself more and play with the swagger QPR fans love in a footballer. If so we may only have another season to enjoy him. Make the most of it.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Eze, Freeman, and occasionally BOS, were the only players worth watching last season from the point of view of entertainment. I'd hate to see any of them go.
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm
Eze, Freeman, and occasionally BOS, were the only players worth watching last season from the point of view of entertainment. I'd hate to see any of them go.
No Wszolek?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun May 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:22 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm
No Wszolek?
Yeah, good call, Pav played some nice football as well - and I hated to see him go... :like
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon May 27, 2019 6:20 am

Good footballers are the best to watch, of course, but there’s decent (albeit different) entertainment to be had from watching dogged performers too in the shape of Leistner and Matt Smith as well.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Mon May 27, 2019 2:24 pm

See didn’t make the squad in the end. Looking at the strength of it I don’t think he was ever likely to actually get into it.

It’ll be interesting to see how he develops next season
QPR & Ireland

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 am

Barry wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 2:24 pm
See didn’t make the squad in the end. Looking at the strength of it I don’t think he was ever likely to actually get into it.

It’ll be interesting to see how he develops next season
True. I think Eze is a real talent, but when you're competing with the likes of Foden, Maddison, Gibbs-White, Sessegnon and Mount for a midfield spot, it does put things in perspective.

The only Championship player in there (excluding loanees) is Konsa of Brentford. They really do have a good eye for up and coming young players.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 am

Who knew that there was an Under 20’s tournament as well?!

I don’t know if I’d rather him have a summer off and be fresh come the pre-season?!
QPR & Ireland