EZE - England under 21’s

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

EZE - England under 21’s

Post by Bevan » Sat May 25, 2019 8:03 am

Reading on Twitter this morning that Eze will be picked As part of the under 21 England squad this summer..

Also that palace , Liverpool and spurs are watching him.

If he was sold, how much could we realistically expect?

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: EZE - England under 21’s

Post by Spencer » Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 am

Part of me wants him to be sold, as i would have to stop listening to the whining fans moaning about how lazy he is.
We have some good young players coming through (IMO) and sprinkled with the right amount of experience and patience....think we have a bright future with this new manager in place.Paul Smyth returning,Furlong getting better,Bright Osayi-Samuel coming along nice....Manning already looking better to name a few.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 am

Bevan wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:03 am
Reading on Twitter this morning that Eze will be picked As part of the under 21 England squad this summer..

A £1m tops I reckon, as we are in a poor position to play hardball. And given our genius for deals it would probably be in installments over the next 10 years with a 0.000000000000000001% sell-on
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat May 25, 2019 10:19 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 am
Bevan wrote:

A £1m tops I reckon, as we are in a poor position to play hardball. And given our genius for deals it would probably be in installments over the next 10 years with a 0.000000000000000001% sell-on
£1m? :lol:
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat May 25, 2019 12:01 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:19 am
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:49 am
Bevan wrote:

£1m? :lol:
The transfer market has a price of £3.5m on his head: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eberech ... ler/479999 Surely closer to the mark?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Bevan wrote:

It's difficult seeing him break into anywhere near Spurs or Liverpool's first team squads
on his form since Xmas.

Lots of potential, but sorry happy clappers, he has been too relaxed in his approach of late.
If Palace come up with a decent offer, can't see the Rangers hierarchy not listening to that.
Staff Benda Bilili

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat May 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm
Bevan wrote:

It's difficult seeing him break into anywhere near Spurs or Liverpool's first team squads
on his form since Xmas.

Lots of potential, but sorry happy clappers, he has been too relaxed in his approach of late.
If Palace come up with a decent offer, can't see the Rangers hierarchy not listening to that.
I imagine Palace would be the most likely.....hopefully we would get 2-3 mill. I think it's unfair to criticise his second half of the season performance, he's still young and McClaren picked him every week, he needed a rest. Any dip in form, I blame McClaren.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm
Bevan wrote:

on his form since Xmas.

You don't think playing almost every game in his debut season in the Championship may have contributed to a drop of form near the end. Did you notice how well he played after his spell on the bench? Get over the fact he is never going to emulate Mackie's headless chicken approach to a game, he is a more measured player than that and his stats on a whoscored link I saw posted prove that he is far from lazy in a game. That chase back after Lolley, winning the ball and heading back the other way against Forest demonstrated that, and that was after his spell on the bench. I expect Chair will be getting the same treatment next season when he doesn't set the league on fire every game.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat May 25, 2019 2:55 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm
You don't think playing almost every game in his debut season in the Championship may have contributed to a drop of form near the end. Did you notice how well he played after his spell on the bench? Get over the fact he is never going to emulate Mackie's headless chicken approach to a game, he is a more measured player than that and his stats on a whoscored link I saw posted prove that he is far from lazy in a game. That chase back after Lolley, winning the ball and heading back the other way against Forest demonstrated that, and that was after his spell on the bench. I expect Chair will be getting the same treatment next season when he doesn't set the league on fire every game.
Clive's got a very good piece on Eze over at LFW (as part of his end of season report cards), making essentially the same valid observations. I hope we can hang on to him.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat May 25, 2019 2:57 pm

He was never lazy but he went missing in games during the second half of the season. Never through lack of effort though.

Such a shame because everything seemed to flow through him early on and there’s no better player in the squad for us to have on the ball. Maybe the tactics stopped suiting him?

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat May 25, 2019 2:59 pm

dm wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:01 pm
The transfer market has a price of £3.5m on his head: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eberech ... ler/479999 Surely closer to the mark?
Thanks dm, I didn't know about that site. Hopefully we will be able to get a fair price, but I have my doubts.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm

£2m take their arm off.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 25, 2019 10:23 pm

We got £1.2 for Clive Allen from Arsenal nearly 40 years ago....

Must be worth at least that much surely.... 😜
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 am

And that ladies and gentlemen is why the English game will stay behind for ever and a day - players who it is easy to get to run harder and faster and do the percentages elements of the game right will also be first on the team sheet.

I think Eze is an unbelievable talent and coached correctly could progress much further - expecting/demanding players to introduce elements to their game which don't come naturally will always yield the wrong results in a players development.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 26, 2019 10:12 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 am
And that ladies and gentlemen is why the English game will stay behind for ever and a day - players who it is easy to get to run harder and faster and do the percentages elements of the game right will also be first on the team sheet.

I think Eze is an unbelievable talent and coached correctly could progress much further - expecting/demanding players to introduce elements to their game which don't come naturally will always yield the wrong results in a players development.
Agree 100% As Jonie once sang "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". A lot of people prefer to spend time looking for faults rather than glorying in the good in our players. Looking forward to the posts on how shit Chair and Smyth are next season. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.