Happy Zamora Day n/m

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Happy Zamora Day n/m

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri May 24, 2019 10:19 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 pm
Oldham for me. The first of only two purely euphoric moments (along with Zamora) in my football watching life. The 1-0 home win against the scum was one of the best matches over 90 minutes, but you can’t beat a euphoric moment.

Both of those goals came out of nowhere and produced absolute transcendental pandemonium.

Furlong’s was better because it was the first inkling that we might one day have our day in the sun again, against all the odds, for many years. Plus it was a bit of proper quality in a limited league.

Zamora’s had the ten men/promotion to the premier league things going for it.

Both unforgettable.
...and Daisy's save after the Furlong goal was the icing on the cake
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 am

Surely someone else on here was at Wembley '67 and Villa Park when we reached the top flight for the first time ever. I was in tears of joy for the first and just the happiest memories of running on the pitch and dancing with the players at the second. The drive back down the motorway was surreal, seemed like every car had a blue & white scarf hanging from it and chanting/ horn honking all the way back home.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat May 25, 2019 7:27 am

Incredible day, I can’t believe that 5 years has passed since it happened.

We’ve paid for it ever since, but that moment will live with me for the rest of my life.

The most un-QPR moment, ever.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat May 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 am
Surely someone else on here was at Wembley '67 and Villa Park when we reached the top flight for the first time ever. I was in tears of joy for the first and just the happiest memories of running on the pitch and dancing with the players at the second. The drive back down the motorway was surreal, seemed like every car had a blue & white scarf hanging from it and chanting/ horn honking all the way back home.
Yes I was at both games. Those two with the FA cup final, Hillsborough, play off final and the Leeds game were all good for different reasons. Difficult to pick one. If I had to it would be the play off final if only because I had given up and was relaxed waiting for what I thought was the inevitable Derby goal. That moment when we scored was just indescribable.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sun May 26, 2019 5:50 pm

I have only been in tears twice at a football match:
- Fenwicks equalizer against Spurs in the Cup Final
- The final whistle at Hillsborough when we went up with Ollie and the gang