Offer for Smyth turned down

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Offer for Smyth turned down

Post by Rbee » Thu May 23, 2019 8:47 am

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has revealed that his club tried to sign Paul Smyth from QPR.

Smyth, who ended last season on loan at Accrington Stanley, was out of the picture under former R’s boss Steve Mc. But Rangers refused to let the Northern Ireland forward leave and expect him to play a key role next season.

Answering questions from fans on Twitter, McAnthony revealed that Posh director of football Barry Fry went to watch Smyth and wanted to snap him up. “We tried to buy him. Great young player,” MacAthony wrote.

Darragh MacAnthony

@DMAC102

Yep. But wouldn’t sell him. I sent Barry to scout him last jan in reserve game then had him call SE to say he’d found one. Then we tried to buy him. Great young player.

A j turkish
@ajmelhuish

@DMAC102 you enquired about smyth at qpr?

Smyth, meanwhile, has told QPR’s website that he is determined to make an impact at Loftus Road under new manager Mark Warburton.
“This is a new start for me with a new person to impress,” he said. “Fingers crossed I can do that and hopefully get a place in his team. If I can’t do that then I will work hard to get that spot. “I spoke to Jake Bidwell who said he is a very good coach and a very good manager so I am really looking forward to getting started under him.”

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Offer for Smyth turned down

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am

Pleased about that because Peterborough have a very good track record of buying players for under half a mil & selling them on for 10 times that, Smyth has the potential to fall into that bracket.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 am

Smyth should be a major part of the squad next season: criminally underused last season IMO.
Lex Talionis........

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Thu May 23, 2019 3:21 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am
Pleased about that because Peterborough have a very good track record of buying players for under half a mil & selling them on for 10 times that, Smyth has the potential to fall into that bracket.
Yes they did a great job in ripping us off with Conor didn't they.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu May 23, 2019 4:09 pm

IJM wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:21 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am
Yes they did a great job in ripping us off with Conor didn't they.
I remember the youtube clips that were posted on here when we bought Conor - he looked sensational. Yes, League One defences are not as tight as the Championship, but the goal is the same size. I'm still surprised he didn't come good.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Lol typical us, the posh make a bundle on the likes of Brit Assom & Gayle who are worth every penny yet the one they offload to us was a dud..

Only qpr

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu May 23, 2019 4:48 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:38 pm
Lol typical us, the posh make a bundle on the likes of Brit Assom & Gayle who are worth every penny yet the one they offload to us was a dud..

Only qpr
Alright la la, how ya been? How's the little one?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:48 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Only qpr
Alright la la, how ya been? How's the little one?
All good mate few more grey hairs lol, how’s you guys other side of the pond if I remember correctly flying the hooped flag.