Bidwell

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Bidwell

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Warburton comments would suggest we can no longer afford the likes and quality of Jake Bidwell. How the mighty have fallen.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Bidwell

Post by Devonranger » Mon May 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Depends what we originally through in his direction to secure him in the first place ....

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Warburton comments would suggest we can no longer afford the likes and quality of Jake Bidwell. How the mighty have fallen.
Or we might have thought Bidwells idea of his quality in relation to what he is paid does not match the clubs.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Mon May 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Presumably they worked together at brentford so I imagine he would've wanted to keep him if he could.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Tue May 21, 2019 6:24 am

beaglebum wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Presumably they worked together at brentford so I imagine he would've wanted to keep him if he could.
.....or that’s why he’s been binned....

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 am

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:24 am
beaglebum wrote:
.....or that’s why he’s been binned....
I think they are quite close. However, Bidwell’s wage expectations are beyond our means.
QPR & Ireland

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 am

Pretty hard and committed but rarely if ever set the world alight for us. I’m not devastated to hear that he’s leaving. So one dimensional going forward and always looked like he was running through treacle.

I fear that his replacement could easily be much worse tho.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am

Ok going forward but was caught positional wise in defence time and time again.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue May 21, 2019 11:09 am

stainesranger wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 am
Pretty hard and committed but rarely if ever set the world alight for us. I’m not devastated to hear that he’s leaving. So one dimensional going forward and always looked like he was running through treacle.

I fear that his replacement could easily be much worse tho.
Couldn’t have put it better myself, good pro & always put a shift in but very limited in the oppositions half, in today’s game fullbacks see more of the ball than most, the minute he got in the final third he ran out of ideas.

But in our current predicament I’d take a limited yet dependable defender all day long.

I guess we bid farewell.

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am

I think it's a real shame he left. Dependable left back, extensive experience in Championship & leadership qualities. Sure he had his faults, but if he didn't he'd be playing at a higher level, with a better team.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I think we'll miss players like Bidwell.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 21, 2019 1:56 pm

beaglebum wrote:
I think he also expressed an interest in taking him to Forest but if the cash isn't there and it's a choice between keeping Bidwell or having someone who might be able to get the odd goal (although that might not be the case).

He's a solid LB and they don't grow on trees but he is limited and not worth breaking the bank for. I think he will be missed.
IJM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am
You think his strength was going forward?

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:56 pm
beaglebum wrote:
I think he also expressed an interest in taking him to Forest but if the cash isn't there and it's a choice between keeping Bidwell or having someone who might be able to get the odd goal (although that might not be the case).

He's a solid LB and they don't grow on trees but he is limited and not worth breaking the bank for. I think he will be missed.
IJM wrote:
Not particularly, but caught out on numerous occasions defensively - we can do better.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue May 21, 2019 5:14 pm

karateelvis wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am
I think it's a real shame he left. Dependable left back, extensive experience in Championship & leadership qualities. Sure he had his faults, but if he didn't he'd be playing at a higher level, with a better team.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I think we'll miss players like Bidwell.
This pretty much sums up my view. A good, solid old-school pro. Always liked him, and don't think he got the credit he deserved. I guess it's all about money, but I'll be interested to see where he goes next. Good luck to him anyway.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 21, 2019 7:49 pm

IJM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Satch wrote:
beaglebum wrote:

IJM wrote:
Not particularly, but caught out on numerous occasions defensively - we can do better.
On our budget, i'd be surprised if we do, initially at least.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue May 21, 2019 8:59 pm

IJM wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Satch wrote:
beaglebum wrote:

IJM wrote:
I noticed that but I think it was a deliberate tactical ploy for the left back (and right back) to come inside a lot leaving acres out wide. It happened when Manning played there as well. The only reason I can think for it must be to stop the defence splitting ball between centre back and full back but it seemed to result in a LOT of goals being conceded down the flanks. Strange.
Come on you Sooopa ........