2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by old pauline » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Would surprise me if either have signed yet. If the keeper is highly touted then I imagine his agent will not be signing on the dotted line just yet and I'd be surprised if Wallace has also agreed to our limited wages before seeing what else is out there. I'm holding my breath on these two.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 pm

old pauline wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:07 pm
Would surprise me if either have signed yet. If the keeper is highly touted then I imagine his agent will not be signing on the dotted line just yet and I'd be surprised if Wallace has also agreed to our limited wages before seeing what else is out there. I'm holding my breath on these two.
For the reasons above i don't think Wallace will have people beating down his agent's door.

Frank Clarke
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Frank Clarke » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 pm

That Ryan Nelson and Clint Hill didn't do bad jobs either, despite all sorts of criticism after signing, but before playing.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:32 pm

What does it matter at what level they've played before? Didn't do us much good with Park, did it? Or Bosingwa. It really isn't a good indicator of what to expect.

On the other hand, what everyone seems to have missed is that Wallace has a conviction for a firearms offence, which is the kind of CV content I want to see in our back four.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:32 pm
What does it matter at what level they've played before? Didn't do us much good with Park, did it? Or Bosingwa. It really isn't a good indicator of what to expect.

On the other hand, what everyone seems to have missed is that Wallace has a conviction for a firearms offence, which is the kind of CV content I want to see in our back four.
:lol: :lol: :lol: naughty
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Greyhound wrote:

Not to mention his conviction for breach of the peace, where he allegedly threatened to shoot a club doorman. Got a bit of a temper apparently.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:00 pm
Comes down to the individual player and their approach. We've seen a good number of players at Loftus Road who have played high level but, not really done themselves justice in the Hoops, despite prior reputation.

Perhaps give the players a chance and judge them on what they do in the Hoops?
Great. I'll just get behind the lads and enjoy the game then.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Wallace's 'form' puts him up there with another class LB, Mark Earl Dennis.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 am

Greyhound wrote:

Of course it's a good indicator of what to expect. It's no guarantee when players past their best drop down a level for sure but it's clearly relevant to assessing if a player can step up to a standard. Would you be happy with us signing a 30 year old who's never played above conference level?

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 am
Greyhound wrote:

Of course it's a good indicator of what to expect. It's no guarantee when players past their best drop down a level for sure but it's clearly relevant to assessing if a player can step up to a standard. Would you be happy with us signing a 30 year old who's never played above conference level?
A full-back that can shoot - could be useful. Ah. Wait a minute. I have read a little bit about the offence. Apparently, it was an airgun.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:46 pm
Greyhound wrote:

Not to mention his conviction for breach of the peace, where he allegedly threatened to shoot a club doorman. Got a bit of a temper apparently.
Perhaps the bloke got upset when Wallace called him a doorman, rather than an admittance and egress supervisor.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:25 pm

In principle, yes I would. Wallace has played above Conference level, of course, so perhaps a better analogy would be Clint Hill or Shaun Derry. Players that were signed because the manager knew them, and was prepared to stake his judgement.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:40 pm

old pauline wrote:
There are a few articles suggesting Wallace is taking a pay cut to join. There are also a lot indicating he's more or less about to sign.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:40 pm
old pauline wrote:
There are a few articles suggesting Wallace is taking a pay cut to join. There are also a lot indicating he's more or less about to sign.
He's out of contract, so I can't see how a pay cut comes into it. Does look like he's going to sign though.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 am

Greyhound wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:25 pm
In principle, yes I would. Wallace has played above Conference level, of course, so perhaps a better analogy would be Clint Hill or Shaun Derry. Players that were signed because the manager knew them, and was prepared to stake his judgement.
The difference surely is that Hill and Derry were vastly experienced at Championship level when we signed them. There was a question mark around their age, but not their ability to play at this level.