2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by 222gers » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 pm
Linked with Josh Cullen - 23yo Mid from Wet-Spam

A few people on Twitter are linking us with Damien McCrory, Will Grigg & Ben Reeves
Well at least one of those four is a forward. We're not exactly well off for lethal net-bursters at the moment.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:10 pm
Brentford, Charlton and Millwall are all London clubs too. Why would their running costs be lower than ours ?
None have been even close to playing in the Premier League, or splashing the cash to try and get there. Playing in the Premier League brings bigger salaries that are a weight around the neck following relegation. We have made some huge financial mistakes in recent years, the big difference between us and those other three is they haven't been in a position to even think about making the sort of mistakes we have.

Paying the sort of salaries we have in the past casts a long shadow. It will take a long time to get the finances 100% back on track.

Although, if our new manager and signings miraculously helped to get us promoted ... problem solved!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Brentford? On the verge of signing Pontus Jansson from Leeds for £5.5m :shock: He’s not going to be on low wages!
QPR & Ireland

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:00 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Brentford, Charlton and Millwall are all London clubs too. Why would their running costs be lower than ours ?
None have been even close to playing in the Premier League, or splashing the cash to try and get there. Playing in the Premier League brings bigger salaries that are a weight around the neck following relegation. We have made some huge financial mistakes in recent years, the big difference between us and those other three is they haven't been in a position to even think about making the sort of mistakes we have.

Paying the sort of salaries we have in the past casts a long shadow. It will take a long time to get the finances 100% back on track.

Although, if our new manager and signings miraculously helped to get us promoted ... problem solved!
Haven't Charlton and Millwall both played in the Premier League in "recent" times - I've had a few so sorry if I'm way off the mark
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 am

I think he just means that if you get relegated from the Premier League, you inevitably come down with higher wages. Trouble is that the best solution to that problem is to get promoted again, so a lot of teams continue spending in the hope that they will return to the top flight. Some teams try to spend in the hope of making the jump. It's a gamble, of course, and one QPR lost (and things were pretty hairy for Villa last season).

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:37 am

So based on this: https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/ ... 57?lang=en

wages in 2017/18 were 31m. That apparently includes all staff including managers (but maybe not payments to sacked ones?). with wages to turnover rising from 68% the previous year to 98%. Wages didn't rise but turnover fell because of lower parachute payments mainly (will have fallen again from 20m to 8m now).Since then we have lost JET, Baptiste, Washington, Lynch, Robinson, Bidwell, Onuoha, Sylla, Freeman, Smith, Smithies, Cousins, Wszolek, Perch and Ingram, as well as half a season of Caulker.
Think it's plausible those 16 could have been on, say, 10-15k a week on average. That could mean a total of maybe 10 million coming off the wage bill if those coming in are on lower wages. So I reckon Les' claim is plausible. But that would still leave us at wages near 100% of turnover, unless we top it up with transfer fees.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:59 am

Barry wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:08 pm
Brentford? On the verge of signing Pontus Jansson from Leeds for £5.5m :shock: He’s not going to be on low wages!
I was basing my guesses on the last set of published accounts for each club (2017-18). Our total staff costs were £30.7M, while Brentford's were £17.2M.

The Jansson to Brentford thing is very odd.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

This will be our 5th season back in the Championship, so I'm not sure how much longer we can keep using that as an excuse. Our big earners are all long gone now.

I'd argue the finances are "back on track". It's just that the uncomfortable reality of where that leaves us is hard to swallow.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Leeds reportedly no longer interested in Luongo which just leaves Forest currently although no offers received as far as I know.

It's going to be an interesting one that may end up in China?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:43 pm
Leeds reportedly no longer interested in Luongo which just leaves Forest currently although no offers received as far as I know.

It's going to be an interesting one that may end up in China?

It won't take him as long to get back for home internationals.

:D
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm

and with a salary increase, win win.

Have we got a player in the Ben Gladwin mould to be a part of this transfer deal? 😃

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm
and with a salary increase, win win.

Have we got a player in the Ben Gladwin mould to be a part of this transfer deal? 😃
Wheeler

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Perfect, start learning your Mandarin Dave me old son.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Perfect, start learning your Mandarin Dave me old son.
Probably stand a better chance than most.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm

It's being reported that QPR will sign Geoff Cameron on a permanent deal now.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.