2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Post by dm » Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Yep, Luongo and Gladwin cost £3.5m the pair. We palmed Gladwin off on Blackburn for £500k which I guess gives you Luongo's possible £3m valuation. Gladwin hasn't played for Blackburn since November 2017 due to knee injuries and his contract is now at an end.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 30, 2019 8:35 pm

dm wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 pm
Yep, Luongo and Gladwin cost £3.5m the pair. We palmed Gladwin off on Blackburn for £500k which I guess gives you Luongo's possible £3m valuation. Gladwin hasn't played for Blackburn since November 2017 due to knee injuries and his contract is now at an end.
Working from memory I think it was some sort of odd split like £2.6m for Luongo and £900k for Gladwin due to some sort of valuation tie in with Luongo. If anyone can remember the story more accurately than that it would be interesting as to what actually happened.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu May 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:35 pm
dm wrote:
Working from memory I think it was some sort of odd split like £2.6m for Luongo and £900k for Gladwin due to some sort of valuation tie in with Luongo. If anyone can remember the story more accurately than that it would be interesting as to what actually happened.
I’m going purely from memory, but didn’t Tottenham have a sell on clause in Luongo’s contract?

We paid £3.5m for the pair, but I think that technically the bigger part of the fee was for Gladwin to maximise their return on Luongo? Something like that vaguely rings a bell...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu May 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Albert Adomah released by Villa today.

QPR fan, never made a secret of his desire to play for us...

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu May 30, 2019 10:33 pm

SM wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:00 pm
Albert Adomah released by Villa today.

QPR fan, never made a secret of his desire to play for us...
Will expect huge wages as no fee & we have 37 wide attacking players already.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu May 30, 2019 10:57 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:51 pm
Rbee wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:26 pm
The club made quite a big thing about our scouting network with Penrice at the helm but it seems that we are still missing out on many players.
Is Penrice still involved? Or did he move on when Olly left?
He certainly stayed after Ollie left but whether he is still working for the club I don't know.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 31, 2019 6:14 am

SM wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:59 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:35 pm
dm wrote:
I’m going purely from memory, but didn’t Tottenham have a sell on clause in Luongo’s contract?

We paid £3.5m for the pair, but I think that technically the bigger part of the fee was for Gladwin to maximise their return on Luongo? Something like that vaguely rings a bell...
Yes, it was something like that Saf. Just got to sit back now and await the comments about how the club got ripped off over the Gladwin deal. :D :D :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri May 31, 2019 2:52 pm

Being linked to Jonny Williams from Charlton.

Very good player, but so, so injury prone.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri May 31, 2019 4:26 pm

I can believe the Jonny Williams rumour. Assuming Freeman departs, we'll be short of a left footed player attacking wide man. Williams would be perfect in an inverted attacking 3.

As SM said, a really good little player if he stays fit.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri May 31, 2019 5:29 pm

Does that mean Smyth or Chair will ever get a look in?

I’d sooner get a striker in of some description & some defenders.

Nippy tricky wingers / wide men I reckon we can cover with what we have, I’d rather see what little shrapnel we do have go on other areas of the pitch.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:22 am

Jonny Williams off to Swansea according to some papers

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:42 pm

MARK WARBURTON has made a double swoop to sign Lee Wallace and Liam Kelly for QPR. SunSport can reveal the ex-Rangers boss will snap up the two players he worked with while at Ibrox.

Wallace moves to Loftus Road for free having been shown the door by Gers after eight years. Goalkeeper Kelly invokes a clause in his Livingston contract which lets him quit the club for just £50,000. Both players have agreed deals in principle to move and will put pen to paper on contracts next week.

Wallace’s Gers future has been hanging in the balance since he was controversially bombed out of the squad by Graeme Murty 13 months ago. The club captain was sensationally suspended along with team-mate Kenny Miller. He was unable to force his way back into Steven Gerrard’s plans.

A number of English Championship clubs were eager to lure him south. But Warbs will now land him — with Kelly set to join him. We first revealed last month how the Scotland squad keeper was available for a knock-down fee. Livi boss Gary Holt said: “We have been working extremely hard in trying to keep Liam. Unfortunately it’s not to be and we move on.”

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:44 am

Lee Wallace is a 31 year old left back.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:35 am

Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:42 pm
MARK WARBURTON has made a double swoop to sign Lee Wallace and Liam Kelly for QPR. SunSport can reveal the ex-Rangers boss will snap up the two players he worked with while at Ibrox.

Wallace moves to Loftus Road for free having been shown the door by Gers after eight years. Goalkeeper Kelly invokes a clause in his Livingston contract which lets him quit the club for just £50,000. Both players have agreed deals in principle to move and will put pen to paper on contracts next week.

Wallace’s Gers future has been hanging in the balance since he was controversially bombed out of the squad by Graeme Murty 13 months ago. The club captain was sensationally suspended along with team-mate Kenny Miller. He was unable to force his way back into Steven Gerrard’s plans.

A number of English Championship clubs were eager to lure him south. But Warbs will now land him — with Kelly set to join him. We first revealed last month how the Scotland squad keeper was available for a knock-down fee. Livi boss Gary Holt said: “We have been working extremely hard in trying to keep Liam. Unfortunately it’s not to be and we move on.”
This must signal the departure of one of our existing keepers. Most likely Dieng or Ingram. I suspect it'll be Dieng as he's out of contract and both Rangers & Dundee are keen on signing him. He's had a good season up there.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa